Chapter 8~ Attacked

Niall is so caring. And that kiss. Perfect. I can’t believe we kissed! It was like magic. His lips are so soft.

I haven’t stopped thinking about him all day. He is taking up my entire Saturday. I need to get out of the house for a while. This isn’t healthy.

I grab my phone and call Bella. Usually I would call Emma but I know she is busy today.

“Hello?” Bella answers her phone.

“Hey B! Want to do something? I need to get out of the house for a while.”

“What would we do?”

“Are you up for shopping?”

“I’m always up for shopping!!” she squeals into the phone.

I giggle and tell her I am on my way to pick her up. We hang up and I fix my hair in the mirror as I walk out of my bedroom.

~~~~~~

We decided on the mall. It has most of our favorite shops.

I’m not that big of a shopper to be honest, but I am trying to get Niall off my mind for a while. He is taking over my thoughts  and it is scaring me.

After buying several shirts and some jewelry we decide to grab a bite to eat.

We stop at McDonald’s. Classy, I know. Honestly, we are both broke and this place is cheap.

We walk into the small building and hop in line. There are very few people here considering how late it is. It’s dark outside and most people have already eaten dinner.

Bella orders first and then I go. I decide on a cheeseburger with a smoothie. I’m obsessed with smoothies, remember?

After gathering our food up we sit at a booth in the corner and start up a conversation.

Bella is curious about Niall and I. “So? What is going on? Are you guys dating? He’s a dream!”

Nobody knows about our kiss yet and I decide that it is okay to tell Bella if she asks.

“Umm… not dating officially, but there is definitely something there.” I tell her.

Her eyes light up and she starts questioning me. “ OMG! Does he like you? Do you like him?” Then she gasps which makes me jump. “Have you guys kissed?!!”

Bella’s a smart girl and I know she can tell by my silence and my red cheeks that we have.

She squeals and starts freaking out.

Meanwhile, my eyes travel to the three strangers that just walked in. They are guys that look about our age, maybe a little older, and they look like trouble.

I move my eyes back to Bella and say “Are you almost ready to leave?” I have a really uneasy feeling about these guys.

She turns to look at what I am looking at and when she turns back to me she nods and starts getting up. She understands why I am all of a sudden ready to get out of here. I swear I have a sixth sense. I can always tell when there is trouble around and these guys definitely give off that vibe.

We walk out of McDonald’s and head towards my Jeep, both of us still carrying our beverages. As I’m opening my car we both notice that the boys that we were trying to avoid are coming out of the restaurant door.

 I quickly unlock my door and jump in and unlock Bella’s. I start my car and as I turn to look out my side mirror I scream. One of the guys is standing right there looking in at us. I turn to look at Bella and see that the other two are on her side.

Before I can lock the doors they both open and Bella and I are dragged out of the car.

What the…

Bella’s screaming and I’m kicking at this dude that is trying to drag me over to the other guys.

“Let me go!” I scream.

“Where do you think you are going babe?” he dares to say.

I grab the opportunity and kick him between the legs. He curls over in pain and I start running. I have to get help for Bella! I can’t fight them off on my own.

I see a car pull into the parking lot and park. A few people start crawling out of the fancy car and I start screaming at them. “Help! Help me please!!”

One of their heads turns quicker than the others. Niall!

“Grace? What’s going on?” he asks as he rushes up to me. The others follow and I see that it is Aaron and James.

I grab Niall’s hand and start running back to where my car is. “It’s Bella! These guys attacked us and they have her!”

James goes into panic mode and sprints passed me towards the spot. Niall drops my hand and he and Aaron follow closely behind James. They don’t know how many guys there are so they need as much backup as they can get.  

I chase after them and when we get there the three idiots are trying to force Bella into their car. She is still screaming and I can see tears streaming down her face. She probably thought I just left her. I would never do that.

James starts punching the guys and a fight breaks out. They drop Bella and she runs to me. I wrap my arms around her and try to calm her down.

“Bella! Do you have your phone? We need to call the police!?” I say to her.

She pulls it out and hands me the phone. The boys are still swinging away at each other and the fight looks pretty even. They all have scrapes just in different places.

“911, what’s your emergency?”

“Yes, this is Grace Miller. We are at the McDonald’s by the mall. These three guys just attacked my friend and me and now there is a fight with them and some of our friends.”

“We will send police units there as soon as possible.”

“Thank you!” I say and hang up the phone.

By the time the police arrive Niall, James, and Aaron have the guys pinned to the ground and they are just holding them there. The police come and take over and handcuff the attackers. They are shoved into the cop cars while we are being interviewed by the police.

We all tell them our stories and sign some paperwork and then we are free to leave. I walk towards where the group of my friends is standing and Niall instantly wraps me into a hug.

He smells amazing. I think he wears Hollister Cologne. Wow.

I wrap my arms around his waist and he pulls me closer.

The others start to walk off except for Bella. I release Niall and hug her. She starts crying on my shoulder and tells me thank you.

“I would never leave you like that Bella. If anything would have happened I would not have been able to live with that on my shoulders. If they would have gotten away with you, I would have hunted them down.” I try to soothe her.

She calms down and drops our hug so she can look at me. “I know Grace. You are the best friend anyone can ask for. Thank you. I am going with James, is that okay?”

“Umm… yeah… I guess”

Niall jumps in the conversation, “I will go with Grace so she doesn’t have to be alone.”

“Thanks Niall,” I say smiling at him.

Grace says goodbye and walks to where James and Aaron are waiting for her.

I turn back to Niall and he hugs me again. It feels nice to be in his arms. He is really strong yet gentle at the same time. He rests his head on top of mine and we stand there for a while.  Our silence is comfortable. Nothing needs to be said. 

{Picture on Side: Horan Hug. That lucky girl ;)  }