Chapter 48~ Depressed

When Niall and I got inside we hastily changed and tried to settle down. We were exhausted and the next day was bound to be eventful. We jumped in bed and cuddled, occasionally having random conversations. Niall played with my hair, putting me to sleep as I nuzzled against his bare chest. His cologne forced me into a dream and this time it wasn’t about him leaving, so I slept well.

It helped to wake up to him smiling down at me. His arm propping his head up as he watches me lazily squint my eyes. He bows his head and leaves wet kisses all over my face until he finally ends on my lips.

My giggles fill the room as his lips roam my face. His sparkling blue eyes peer at me and I stare at him in silent with a goofy grin on my face.

“Morning,” my groggy voice barely gets out. I turn and look at the clock and see that it is 8 in the morning. “Time to get up?”

“Yeah,” he mumbles. “I’m planning to pull out of the driveway at 8:25. Give or take.”

“Well it won’t take long for me to get ready. I’m just going to wear sweats, if that’s okay.”

“Course, babe. You can wear whatever. You don’t have to wear anything if you don’t want, but remember it is a public place.” I punch his shoulder and he chuckles.

Finding the willpower I roll out of bed, literally. I end up falling to the ground and Niall’s cackles at my failed attempt. My eyes peek over the edge of the bed and I wink at him.

“I did that on purpose…” I giggle.

“Sure babe, whatever you say,” he rolls his eyes.

I stand up and walk to the closet. Pulling out my favorite sweats, I turn to Niall.

“Close your eyes.”

“Why?” He whines.

“Because I’m changing.”

“So.”

“Niall…”

“Fine.” His eyes reluctantly seal and I turn my back to him.

I’ve just dropped my pajama shirt to the ground when two arms wrap around my waist and Niall’s head rests upon my shoulder.

“Niall,” I complain.

“Hmm?”

I shake my head and notice that his eyes are closed. His naked chest is pressed against my back, my bra and both of our shorts are the only separations between our bodies. He’s extremely warm and I really don’t want him to let go.

Then he mumbles, “Remember the first time I helped you change?”

My mind wanders back to when he watched me change the first time. He ended up helping me put on my shirt because I had it on backwards. He was sweet about it and didn’t make it a big deal.

“Yeah…” I warily confirm.

“You are still beautiful. I think you just keep getting better and better every day.” His eyes are still shut as he sways us in a soothing motion. I don’t say anything. I’m not really sure what to say in this situation.

He backs up from me and his hands rotate my shoulders so my entire body has to swivel with it. His lips roughly collide with mine and he backs me up into the wall. His fingers pull mine above my head as he presses against me.

I practically forget that we have a schedule to stick to but when it pops back into my head I mumble, “Niall, we have to get ready.”

He instantly stops and looks into my eyes. His own eyes are glazed with sadness as he realizes that he has goodbyes to say. “You’re right. I want to have as much time as I can.” He grabs the shirt that I was planning on wearing. “Arms up.” I comply and he helps me get dressed like I’m a little kid. “Want me to help with your pants too. Or can you handle it?” He smirks at me.