Chapter 43~ Nightmare

“What the hell…” I mumble louder than I intended.

Our entire group of friends turns to look at Niall and I. Niall looks stunned. His eyebrows are pulled together and he cautiously raises his hand from my stomach and waves to the blonde.

She smirks at him and I can feel anger building up inside of me. My instinct kicks in and I try and get up to go confront her but Niall’s arms restrain me. I try and pull his arms away from my waist but I don’t get the chance.

He whispers into my ear, “Wait! Look!” He points to the left of the girl. I see the redhead swiftly storming back over to the blonde.

The scrawny blonde doesn’t even see it coming. The redhead girl walks up to her and yells, “You have no right to talk to me like that!” The blonde haired girl has barely turned to look towards the screaming when she is shoved into the pool. A large splash of water spreads over the space she just fell into and laughing erupts from all around the backyard including my group.

She comes up from the water, no longer dry. Her hair is dripping and the luscious curls are gone. Her face is tear-stained and she looks up at her attacker.

The redhead squats near the edge of the pool. “Maybe you should stop trying to take other peoples guys and you would have more friends. Niall and Grace look happy, don’t ruin their relationship too.”

What?

The redhead stands up and walks away confidently with her hips swaying and her hair swinging. The blonde quickly gets out of the water and grabs a towel. Her eyes glance back to Niall and she practically sprints out of the yard, almost tripping with the towel.

“Woah…” Bella breathes.

“What the hell just happened?” I ask shocked from the event that just occurred.

“Calm down. It’s okay,” Niall says trying to soothe me. His arms are still tightly wrapped around me, not allowing me to move.

“No it’s not!” my voice rises. I’m getting angry. Why did the redhead say that the blonde was trying to get in between me and Niall?  “Isn’t it obvious that we are together? I’m sitting on your damn lap!”

“Grace, it’s fine, really. That didn’t mean anything. They are just two psycho chicks. Stop making those pretty lips say dirty words.” His lips are pressed up against my ear and my body relaxes back into his. He’s doing his best to distract me from the words that had been spoken in front of us. Our friends have diverted their attention, trying to give us space.

“I’m sorry for swearing. But Niall, it’s not fine. They practically just threatened our relationship.” My voice has calmed down and now I’m mostly just voicing my opinion. I’ve stopped trying to get out of his grip to pounce on the blonde girl.

“It doesn’t matter. They are not going to separate us. You are stuck with me,” his teeth nibble at my ear and I start giggling.

“Niall quit it! That tickles!” I tilt my head trying to get my ear out of his teeth. A growl erupts from deep in his chest and I breathe in a sigh as my eyes flutter closed. My fingernails dig into his arms that are around my stomach and he growls again. His lips trail along my neck and I open my eyes.

“Do you two need a room?” Bella jokes. Everyone’s eyes are watching our interactions and I instantly feel uncomfortable.

Niall quickly stops kissing me and I loosen my grip on his arms. I can feel my cheeks heating up and I look away from their eyes.

“No!” we both say in unison and they all chuckle at us.

“Speaking of rooms,” Bella remembers something. “You guys can all spend the night if you want. It would only be us six.”