Chapter 32~ Leaving His Mark

I can feel Niall’s body stirring next to mine. The sun is beginning to shine through the window and the room is being showered with the rays of dawn. It is going to be a good day today. At least weather wise. Who knows how it will actually turn out?

So much happened last night. Today I will have to face my parents. They are going to be pounding me with questions about the two separate attacks. I will be scolded and lectured.

To be honest, I’m not looking forward to it. They can be emotionally draining sometimes. It’s like they can’t just drop a subject, they will continue to fight the inevitable until people agree with their opinions.

Don’t get me wrong. I love my parents, but sometimes they can be a bit overwhelming. I wish things could just be simple, but instead my entire life is complicated.

I roll over and face Niall. His eyes are still closed but he is getting restless and will soon wake up. He has both hands tucked under his pillow. His hair is tossed around making him look young and handsomely rugged. Steady breathing expels from his slightly parted, plump lips.

I just lie there admiring his flawless features. His tongue flicks out and wets his top lip and his eyelids begin to flutter. He goes still again and I wait as his eyes relax. Suddenly he inhales a deep breath and sighs before his blue irises are opened for the world to see.

He blinks rapidly from the bright sun before focusing on my face. He notices me watching him and a grin appears.

“Good morning beautiful,” his raspy voice says. Of course I look like a mess. My bruises are still there but they are yellowing, a sign that they are disappearing.

I smile at him. “Good morning handsome. Nice hair.”

“Thanks. Yours isn’t so bad either,” he chuckles at my tangled locks.

“That beauty sleep sure was worth it,” I tease, winking at him.

“Please!” he scoffs playfully, “I do not need beauty sleep. I’m already the next top model.” He picks his head up and places it on his bent arm. His knee lifts up as he strikes a pose for the invisible cameras.

“Work it!” I giggle.

He settles back down into the bed and leans over, pecking my lips. He traces over my face for a second with his pointer finger. He seems concentrated. His eyebrows pull together as he rubs my bruise on my cheek. I notice the slight shake of his head. He’s still blaming himself for the accident.

Before I can say anything he is climbing out of bed. He yawns and stretches, his arms extend above his head and muscles pop out from his arms and back.

“Come on, let’s go get breakfast.”

“Alright,” I agree rolling out from the covers and standing to my feet. I’m still wearing his large t-shirt and boxers. He starts eyeing me up and down and my cheeks go red at his stare. “I should probably change…”

“Why?” he says in a monotone, still checking me out.

“It’s kind of inappropriate to wear in front of your friends...” I trail off waiting for his response.

“You are fine. Plus, didn’t you have to walk past them to get up here last night?”

“Yeah… I guess.” I did talk to Liam and Sophie, but I was still kind of in a daze then. I was a little out of reality at that point.

“Well then, they are not going to care. You are just wearing them because your clothes are ruined. Plus, I doubt you wanted to wear a dress to sleep in. They know that and they all understand the situation.”

Strong (A Niall Horan Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें