Chapter 28~ Nobody

I sit there frozen in place. Never had I imagined that I would see his face again. Has he been following me?

I stretch my neck to see if Niall is on his way back yet. Of course, he isn’t. He will probably be with the fans for a while. I’m going to have to get rid of this creep myself without drawing any attention. I hope photographers are not getting the wrong idea with him sitting next to me.

The crowd erupts into cheers as the Knicks score a three pointer. I continue to watch this criminal. I don’t even know his name. All I know is that he is dangerous and he and his friends tried to kidnap Bella and me. Who knows what he is actually capable of?

“Your boyfriend will be gone for a while. There are quite a few fans who have been tipped off to his whereabouts.” The man grins evilly. He must have informed directioners of where Niall is and now Niall is probably out there being mobbed. I am here with this psycho and I can’t help my own boyfriend. 

My heart is pounding and my blood is boiling. I’m scared and angry and the emotions are not mixing well. “What do you want?” I growl.

“To talk.”

“Yeah, right.” I scoff. It’s probably not the best way to talk to him. He might get angry and drag me out of here.

He doesn’t say anything but he glares at me and I back down. This is not a guy to mess with. He means business and I am not going to be the one to set him off. “Talk about what?” I ask.

“You.”

My breath stops but I try not to let him see that his words affect me. I need to stay neutral. Maybe he will get bored and leave. “What about me?”

His eyes roam all over my body and I suddenly feel self-conscious. I should have worn sweats. I pull the bottom of my dress down a little and cover up my chest the best I can without drawing attention.

His right hand starts moving closer to my leg. I watch him and he stops moving it for a second. I look back up at his eyes and notice that he is sneering at me. He knows that he is stronger than me. Luckily, we are in public and there is not a lot he can do.

“What about me?” I repeat.

“Everything. How you are feisty. And you fight back. And your scream…” he trails off.

My body tenses at his words. He is literally trying to torture me. He knows this will get under my skin. I search for any sign of Niall again. Nothing. Where is he? I hope he is okay. What if he is hurt? What if the other attackers are with him?

His hand is slowly inching toward my body again. I scoot as far away as my seat will let me but it isn’t protecting me from his grimy hands. I turn my head in the opposite direction to see if I can get through the aisle. There are too many people in the way.

I’m contemplating making a run for it when I feel his fingertips brush my knee. I gasp and flip my head back towards him.

“What? You don’t like that?”

“Don’t touch me,” I say roughly yet my voice cracks.

He doesn’t obey and his hand slides up my leg, towards the inside of my thigh. I bravely grip his hand and shove it away from me. The fire behind his eyes burns with anger.

I can feel my eyes stinging with tears and I quickly blink them away.

Don’t cry. Stay strong. Don’t show him your weak side.

He is breathing heavily and he suddenly stands up.

Oh good, he is leaving.

He reaches down and grips my wrist and yanks me to my feet.