Chapter 13~ Paparazzi

As I was getting ready for the movie I kept wondering if I should wear a disguise. Maybe if I avoided cameras that would be there then no gossip would run through the fandom.

To be honest, I am terrified of what the directioners will think of me. I am a directioner but I am not as crazy as some others. I never sent hate or anything that was inappropriate. I didn’t message the boys 24/7 either. I felt like there was no point, they’d never see mine. Now look where I am.

I finally pick out some black leather-like pants, a T-shirt, and an old jean jacket to layer my shirt. It also might be kind of cold in the theater and this will keep me warm. I grab a pair of black sunglasses to cover my eyes. Hopefully this will keep me unnoticeable to paparazzi. It’s not like I’m famous so they shouldn’t recognize me right away.

I slide some money into my back pocket and check myself in the mirror one last time before skipping down the stairs.

“Momma, how do I look?” I ask my mom hoping for an honest opinion. My mom and I are close and we always ask each other for advice.

“You look lovely darling. Are you excited to be going to the movie? Is this like a date?”

“Yes I’m excited! It is a date, sort of, but we don’t want it to look like one. We are trying to keep us on a down low until we decide to tell the fans.”

“Oh, I see! Have fun, be safe, and buckle up! Don’t be home too late, you have school tomorrow.”

“I know, bye love you!” I say as I walk to the front of the house to wait for Niall. He promised he would be here to pick me up at 6:00 sharp. The movie starts at 6:45 and we have to meet Aaron and Emma to get popcorn.

It’s not long before his Range Rover pulls up. He wanted me to wait inside for him to come get me. Kind of like a traditional guy would do. He is trying so hard to be normal and it is sweet that he is putting in this effort for me.

I watch him walk up the steps through the window and he looks breath taking. He is wearing a T-shirt with some logo on it with dark jeans. His hair is sitting perfectly on his head and there is not a strand out of place.

He knocks on the door and I take a deep breath before opening it. He grins at me and looks me over.

“You look beautiful Grace!” he compliments.

“Thank you! You look handsome!”

“Shall we go?” He asks bending his arm for me to link mine with his.

“I would love that very much, Mr. Horan.”

He opens the passenger door and he jogs to the other side and gets in. He drives while I give him directions to the cinema. He still hasn’t been around the town much since he got here.

Everything is calm when we step into the building. There are no paparazzi and I start thinking that maybe we will be lucky. We get our tickets and go inside and meet Emma and Aaron. They are already in the snack line so we hop in with them.

After gathering our popcorn and drinks up we find the theater that the movie is assigned to and get in the best seats we can. There are quite a few people here already but nobody seems to recognize Niall. Thank goodness!

The movie is just starting as we take our seats.

~~~~~

“Wow! That movie was fantastic!” Emma says once the credits start rolling.

It was a really good movie and some good life lessons. The little snowman was adorable and quite hilarious.

“Ready to head out?” Aaron says from the other side of Emma. They held hands the entire movie, not Niall and I though. We don’t need anybody getting pictures of that yet.