Chapter 17~ Teamwork

When I opened my eyes in the morning it was bright outside and the bed was empty. I must have been exhausted because when I check my phone it is noon. It’s not normal for me to sleep that late.

I roll out of bed in the same clothes I wore yesterday. I decide to fold up the blankets and put the pillows back in the bench compartment by the window. I even fold the bed back into a couch. It’s the least I can do. I rearrange the furniture to how it was last night before making my way down the stairs.

I walk through the living room and towards the kitchen where I can hear voices drifting from. I stop in my tracks when I hear them say my name.

“So what is going on between you and Grace? Is it serious or what?” That sounded like Harry.

“Yeah it seems pretty serious. You know how it is though. You never really know if they just want the fame.” Niall’s voice answers.

“Has she acted that way?” Louis questions.

“No. The other day she told me she was here for me. She said that no matter how the fans react she will still be here as long as I want her here. Then last night after her and I played the game she was upset because I let her win.”

I knew it!

What’s wrong with that?” Zayn asks.

“She told me that she will fight for what she wants but she wants me to fight for what I want. I think she meant that she wants me to fight for her and prove that I want her around.”

“That seems sincere.” Liam chimes in.

Wow, they are all just having a gossip session about me. I probably shouldn’t be listening.

Harry speaks up, “So do you like her? Cause if not, I think her and I…” he stops talking at the same time I hear a whack. Niall must have smacked him.

“Hey, no need to be hitting me in the head! I was just wondering.” Harry defends.

“What’s wrong with you? Of course I like her! If I didn’t then I wouldn’t have brought her to you guys.” Niall yells making me jump.

Awe! He just told the boys he likes me. That must stand for something!

“What do you guys think of her?” Niall continues calmer than before.

“I like her!” Harry says too happily.

“Shut up Harry!” Niall barks at him making the others laugh.

“She’s wicked at FIFA! We have got to play her in real life!” Louis says rather chipper.

Zayn simply says, “She’s cool.”

Liam has some heartfelt speech. “Mate, I think that she is nice and friendly. You seem to really like her and as long as you are happy we are happy. Just make sure that you don’t do anything stupid. Don’t lead her on if you are just going to up and leave her here once we start back on tour.”

“You know I wouldn’t do that.”

I hope he means that. I haven’t even thought about when they are leaving. It is still a long time away. He has to finish school.

“I know.” Liam assures.

I realize I have been eavesdropping for too long and walk into the kitchen as if I hadn’t heard any of that.

“Hi guys!”

“Hey Grace!” They all say and continue to lean against the counters around the room eating their food.