Chapter 7~ Closer

As I walked up to Emma's door I had to stand there to calm down before I knocked. My heart was still pounding from Niall calling me 'Love.' I don't think I have ever felt this way about anybody. He is so irresistible. I can't say no to him when he wants to hang out. I'm standing here in my sweats... not many people can get me to go out like this.

I finally gather all the courage to knock on the door and literally as I tapped my hand to the wood for the second time the door swings open. There he is. Grinning at me. So much for trying to calm down. All the butterflies are back. Or maybe they just never left.

"Hi Grace! I've been waiting forever for you!" he cheered.

"Sorry!" I chirp.

"Oh no, it's fine. I will wait as long as I need to just for you."

There goes my cheeks heating up. Why does he get to me so easily?

"Umm.. so.. can I come in?" I ask.

"Oh!" he laughs and backs up enough for me to enter.

I walk passed him and pause while he shuts the door. The sweats he's wearing fit his body perfectly. He has plain grey sweatpants on with a white T-shirt. His jacket is on over his shirt and he has a beanie on. Wow, I could stare at him forever.

He turns to me and walks a little closer and my breathing hitches. We are just watching each other for a couple of seconds.

I finally break the silence. "So, is everybody downstairs in the movie room?"

"Yeah," he practically breathes out his answer as he's looking at me.

More looking at each other. His eyes are the perfect color of blue.

He takes another step towards me. His lip finds it's way in between his teeth.

You have got to be kidding me! He is a foot from me and he is biting his lip?!! I don't know how much more of this I can handle.

His next words shock me. "I really like you Grace."

Holy...

"I... I..."

Closer.

"I like you too, Niall"

Footsteps are coming up the stairs and we instantly step away from each other.

"Are you guys coming or what?! We have been waiting forever!" James says as he reaches the top of the stairs.

"Uhh... Yeah..." Niall and I say in unison. We both laugh a little and follow James down the stairs.

The movie room is really just a big room with a big television and one couch. However, the surround sound is fantastic!

I'm slightly surprised when I see Kayla and Trey sitting on the couch with Bella and James. Kayla never wants to hang out anymore. Emma and Aaron are sitting on the ground with their backs leaning on the couch.

I look up at Niall and he nods his head to the other side of the room. We walk over everybody and stop by the wall. There are some pillows and blankets spread out already with a big bowl of popcorn that looks delicious.

We sit down and the movie is instantly playing.

~~~~~~~

Wow! This movie is intense! During one of the craziest scenes I turn my head to the right and notice that Niall is watching me.

"Aren't you supposed to be watching the movie?" I whisper.

"I've already watched it. Plus, watching you is much more enjoyable."