Chapter 30~ Impossible

I finally dragged myself in after waking from my daze. I just stood staring off into space when Niall left the bathroom. I let my mind wander. I realized it wasn’t helping me so I snapped myself from my torturing thoughts and now I am lathering my body with vanilla body wash. I guess it is better than sitting here alone letting my mind go crazy.

I let the hot water shower my back, my hair dripping down my shoulders. Some red water falls, making me realize that the back of my head was bleeding at some point. My mind is still racing but it has settled down slightly.

After rinsing all the soap from my body and silky smooth hair, I pull the curtain open. Grabbing the closest towel, I wrap it around my torso and step from the shower. I search through the drawers and find a small brush in the bottom one.

This will have to do.

I comb through the knots and tie it up into a messy bun. I take the first look at the pile of cloth that Niall had let me borrow for the night. I shake one out of its fold and realize it’s an oversized shirt. I lift it to my nose and smile. It smells just like him. Throwing it over my head, I grab the other clothing item, shaking it out like the last one.

 Boxers.

I roll my eyes at his cheekiness and slide them on. They are big on my torso but I just let them hang below his baggy shirt. It’s kind of sexy to be honest.

He’s sneaky.

Looking myself over in the mirror, my lip trembles. I look black and blue on most of my body. My arms have hand prints from the evil man’s tight grip. My left cheek is slightly purple from the blows that it took from his hand. My one hip is sore from when I fell to the floor and the back of my head is killing. It was probably cut open, seeing all the blood that I had to rinse out in the shower. I might need stitches.

I place the towel and my ruined clothes in the hamper, then exit the steamy bathroom. I am able to actually check out Niall’s room this time, since I have pulled myself back from my void.

His room is average, nothing extravagant. He has a queen sized bed in the center, surrounded by dark blue walls. He has some pictures of the band and his family hanging on the walls and I look at them closely. They all look so happy. Why can’t I be that way?

I scan over his bookshelf and find more comedy movies than novels. His closet is closed so I don’t get in that. On top of his dresser is a guitar pick, a cup of what I assume is water, an alarm clock, and some letters. Probably from family.

I realize that I need to let my family know that I will be staying here, so I exit the room and walk through the hallway. As I pass one of the doors I can hear some of the boys arguing. Zayn, Louis, and Harry.

“Whatever bro, I chose that one first.” Zayn claims.

“No you didn’t I did.” Harry argues.

“Let’s settle this easily….I get it!” Louis laughs and I hear scrambling on the other side of the door.

“No way!” Zayn and Harry say in unison.

I quietly giggle and continue my walk upstairs. Reaching the top of the staircase, I enter the kitchen. It’s not empty though. Liam and a girl are standing extremely close for my comfort.

I clear my throat and they turn their attention to me. The girl is extremely beautiful. Her long blonde, straight hair reaches the middle of her back. She smiles a genuine smile. I can tell because it reaches her sparkling blue eyes. She has on a graphic T-shirt with simple skinny jeans, yet she looks stunning.

“Hello! You must be Grace! I am Sophie.” She cheerfully reaches her hand out to shake mine. I stand their kind of stunned. “I would normally hug you, but I didn’t know if you would like that right now.”