20. promote, promote, promote

Start from the beginning

"Great, what kind of merchandise will be featured in Obsessionally Styles?" She inclined, teasing us a bit. "Just shirts?"

"No," Zakia giggled. "We're going to have hoodies, sweatshirts, team obsessionally shirts, hats, cellphones cases, bonnets and even handbags."

"Sounds good," The interview remarked, as she examined a folder with paper. "Are you both models, and if so – How does it contribute more to your business and help you create a wider variety of consumers?"

"We're newer commercial models to the industry," I noted. "So far I think it will contribute a lot to our business, and help us create variety of consumers especially while working with Girl II Reality Talent and Model Agency has been a huge help with us on photo shoots, and supporting our newer business."

I definitely didn't have to shout out Daphne's modeling and talent agency in our interview but I wanted to because we're working together on the upcoming shoots for our business and I knew that there wasn't a problem promoting another person's business, since I thought everyone deserved more customers which gave them more exposure and money.

"Is modeling going to be the only way," She probed. "That you both will use as a approach for branching yourself into other forms to mold yourself into business industry?"

"We would like to branch ourselves further into other things as a entertainer."

"Well we have to go to commercial, but in five minutes you will hear the new businesswomen Kimberley Jones and Zakia Perry," The interviewer looked at the person counting down. "Go in detail about more of their business when we come back! So don't go anywhere because you're listening to..."

"107.9..."

"Y'all are definitely professional." The interviewer commented.

I smiled, as we had to take a five minute break in the back room that held small snacks and drinks for us.

"I'm really proud of y'all!" Katrina beamed. "Both of y'all are naturals when speaking on the mic, didn't get out of the vibe at all."

"Thank you," I brightened. "At the beginning I was really nervous for no apparent reason but it seemed to fade away as I continued talking."

"Agreed, this was a great way of using marketing habits." Zakia stated, biting a pretzel. "Kimberley, you think people that have watched the interview or heard it live will actually show up to our grand opening?"

"I think so," I told her, grabbing my cellphone and scrolling down the Instagram feed of our business profile. "So far Obsessionally Styles is showing growth in followers, that's really good."

"That's good." She replied, chewing her pretzel.

"I told y'all that in due time you will see growth and change." Katrina uttered. "When y'all start putting out the merchandise then have photo shoots at Girl II Reality, you will see more progress."

The interview was back on, as we headed back into the room.

"Now we're back with the beautiful and talented businesswomen Kimberley Jones and Zakia Perry, who's speaking on their new clothing line Obsessionally Styles." She repeated her signature segment. "Now we were left with them explaining to us about doing other things other than modeling...now let's hop back into it, what is the goal for you both?"