Chapter six - Questions.

Start from the beginning

He gives me a look of approval, then ties his scarf around his neck, "You seem to be doing better at this then I imagined you would."

I give him a look. He helped me. I would be no where in this case without him.

"Coming?" John asks, opening the door. Sherlock turns on his heel and walks out the door. John gives me a smile and says bye before shutting it on his way out. I turn back to the two boxes, sit down on the sofa before I begin to look through them.

After awhile Sherlock arrives back at the flat with John. Sherlock came in looking rather moody and him and John hung their coats up on the coat hook before walking further in the living room. John tells us that he was going into the kitchen to make us all a dink, and Sherlock walks behind my chair and looks over my shoulder at the files on my lap. I furrow my brows and look up at Sherlock, giving him a look that said do you mind?

He decides to ignore me and continues to read my files. 

"How'd it go?"

"It wasn't Morarty." He tells me straight away, not removing his eyes of the files.

"You look tired." John states, concerned, "Maybe you should get some rest."

"No time, the Castillo's daughter is going to be killed soon unless Scotland's Yard manages to find the child abductor."

"He worked nights- you think that's really going to be enough to identify the child abductor?" Sherlock asks, questioning what I said from earlier. I know what he was doing, he was testing me. I knew he already had found information by looking at the files that were on the table. He wanted to know if I had found it out.

"Of course not, but it's a start."

"So what have you found out so far?" He inquires casually, taking the cup of tea from John and sitting down next to me. John puts mine and his cup of tea on the table and sits the other side of me too.

"A few years ago, the police worked a theory that he was an exterminator. Joe Summers family had had their house fumigated just the week before he disappeared. No one thought much of it until these-" I show them the photographs, "-were taken right outside the homes of victims two and three."

"Oh, both neighbors had their houses tented?" John says as if it was a question.

"In 2008, the police interviewed all thirty-five of the employees of the company that fumigated the Summers' home, but failed to elicit any strong suspects. They eventually discarded their theory when no connection to extermination was found in or around the homes of the subsequent victims. See, the thing is, I think they were onto something. I think the child abductor was an exterminator, but then changed jobs between victims three and four." I pick up a newspaper, the same copy that Sherlock had told me to show him in the Castillo's kitchen, when I was skyping him, "See this? It's a copy of the Expression Star. The parents of victim number four had a subscription. As do the Castillo's, the parents of the most recent victim. I saw one in their kitchen yesterday. The parents of victims five, six and seven are not subscribers, but have neighbors who are."

"So the child abductor was an exterminator; now he delivers papers at night for The Expression Star?" 

"Mm, he identified his first three victims through his first job, his last five victims through his second."

"Very good." Sherlock says, "Whats your next move?"

"I was thinking on phoning the Expression Star up."

Sherlock hands me Johns phone. "Then call them."

"That's my phone." John starts, staring at his phone like we were about to chuck it down the toilet.

"Can I use it?"

He sighs, then ignores me and takes a sip of his tea. I begin to search online for their number so I could give them a call, but then John speaks up again, snapping both mine and Sherlock's attention.

"So, are we going to talk about how you're both dating?"

Me and Sherlock look up and stare at John, who's staring at us back, grinning.

"I know you are."

"How is this relevant?" Sherlock inquires, furrowing his brows in confusion, "We're trying to find a child abductor before he kills his most recent victim."

"No, Holly is, you're not. You're trying to find out why Moriarty was on everyone's television a couple of weeks ago." John crosses his arms and smirks again, "Why didn't any of you tell me you were dating?"

Technically, I never knew we were dating until earlier, since Sherlock just presumed we were dating, and so did I. I ignore John's questions when I finally find what im looking for. I start typing the number into John's phone, "I found the number."

John drops the topic, and I phone up the Expression Star.