Chapter 32 - Breaking Down

Brace yourselves, ladies.

Chapter 32 - Breaking Down

Two months.

Two month's we've been dating and I couldn't be any happier.

"Happy two months." I say softly into the phone, kissing it gently to make my point. A wide genuine smile lights up my face and I feel my heart swelling at the warmth. I won't ever get sick of this feeling. 

"Law, you're literally only like five feet away." Ava chuckles with an eye roll but I knew she adored it because of the light tinkle in her eyes. She smiles sweetly at me, my heart skipping a beat.

Why does she always make me feel this way?

I hang up, my lame attempt to be sappy and romantic not winning against this girl and instead, I make my way towards her. Actions speak louder than words, so I kiss her right on the lips before she could even protest. But she didn't seem to have any objections in the beginning anyway as she kisses me back just as hard. 

She pulls away and unconsciously runs her hand through my messy black hair. She laughs softly. "The wind's got your hair all tangled."

I pout. "Aw, right when I styled it all for you."

"I'll just style it back then."

Ava proceeds to comb my hair with her fingers, her fingertips as soft as a feather- only just slightly brushing against the skin of my head. Even the small action alone got me feeling that I have to take care of her- Ava's fragile. Even in my careful hands, I could break her. 

I take her hand once she's finished and give her a gentle squeeze. "I promise you won't get injured again when I'm around." I state seriously, referring to the incident a month ago. "I don't want you to be all bandaged again. It pained me to see you like that."

"Its okay, Law. Really."

"Don't do that again." I whisper softly but I knew she heard me because she slowly closes her mouth. I frown slightly as I stare into her dark brown eyes. "I don't want to lose you."

She giggles. "You sound like a fussy child." I scowl at her but she grins anyway. "Okay, I won't do it again. I'll try to stay away."

"Why do I feel like you're going to go against me no matter what I say to you?"

"Oops, have been caught." Ava bonks her head gently with a teasing expression before she stands on her tip-toes to kiss my forehead. I smile at the warm gesture. "Thank you for looking out for me though."

I follow her, naturally lacing my fingers with hers like a bodily reflex whenever she walks away, as she treads towards the seawater. "Its my job to look after you. You're my business." I mock, pressing my index finger on her forehead to forcefully get it into her head.

Ava whines slightly, rubbing the spot on her head. "Alright, bossy man." She bends down to remove her sandals and she steps into the water, a squeal escaping her lips. "Its so warm!"

I take her sandals off the sand, shaking my head at my carefree girlfriend enjoying the water. She's always loved nature without herself even realizing it. I noticed after our first few meetings where I've caught Ava admiring nature's beauty on few occasions. 

I remember everything about her by heart. 

I'll make sure with all my might that she won't walk away. I'll spend all my money to dry her tears. I'd do things I don't usually do for her- I'll switch gears at anytime for Ava. She meant the world to me and I'm not afraid to shout it to the world.