Chapter 24 - Shut Up

"Are you ready?"

"Never been more ready in my life."

"Hell yeah!"

"Just let us out already! Jeez!"

"Okay, okay, chill!" Noah exclaims, clicking on a button and opening the truck's back door. We stand behind it, preparing to jump onto the larger truck next to us. The truck we were in was moving at a very fast pace and the darkness of the night was certainly not helping. At all. 

Gunshots from the motorists sounded and a few screeches, cracks and crashes were heard as some gangs from our alliance had joined in and are fending off the police. They were on bikes and brought guns with them, even grenades, in case things got desperate.  They were cheering and making a gang call as if they had won which was only pushing the police to call even more reinforcements. 

Fucking idiots. 

"Don't worry, Ave, they got this." Vern says out of the blue, her hands on her hips, looking all confident. "They're bikers from my gang, the Red Syndicate. They'll be fine."

"Well, they sure are attracting a lot of attention. The police are already sounding their sirens! Its just bringing more reinforcements and attention from innocents." Rhiannon sneers, frowning at how noisy the bikers from our alliance are being. 

"We're nearing it now girls! Get ready!" Jack's voice sounded. We gripped onto the sides of the truck, preparing to jump at any moment now. I glance back, my eyes catching Jack's glint. "Lock and load, ladies."

I wink back at him just as all three of us jump out in unison. With a loud thud and a quick rush of adrenaline, we grab onto the walls of the back of the police truck. I tighten my grip until I was sure my knuckles turned white as the truck swerves sharply, my head banging onto the side in pain. I hiss loudly, my head a bit dizzy. 

Rhiannon hurls herself up onto the roof together with Vern and she offers me a hand as Vern takes out one of the policemen who had climbed onto the roof as well. They get to work instantly- lying on their fronts to open the truck's back door using lasers. I get my rifle and try my best to shoot the lock, all the while trying to keep my balance as the truck speeds up. My hair slaps me in the face as I try to focus and when the bullet finally hits it, the lock breaks open and Rain and Vern opens the doors after cutting a chunk out with the lasers.

I poke my head in from the roof and smile, my hair hanging as I light up at the sight of the familiar face. He grins back as well. "Looking good, Nikolas."

He smirks. "You sure took your time, boss." Nikolas struggles and squirms in his restraints, gritting his teeth before grinning again. "Will you let me out now?"

Vern and Rain swing themselves into the truck, carrying the lasers to cut the huge chains Nikolas was locked in. I jump in as well, jump as the driver's window to the back open and a policeman aims his rifle in to shoot at us. 

"Get down!" Nikolas yells, sing his freed legs to push Rain and Vern down on the head. I hastily get down, a bullet just whizzing pass my hair. I was about to shoot back when a gang member beat me to it- shooting from his bike that was located behind us. I send a thumbs up back to him when the bullet hits the policeman right in the middle of his forehead, killing him instantly. 

After a while, Nikolas is finally free and he immediately grabs Vern and Rhiannon and carries them on his shoulders.

"What the fuck?! Nikolas!"

"What the fuck are you doing?!" 

I smirk, backing away and taking hold of the edge of the roof. "Enjoy the ride, girls."