Chapter 28 - Stop Running Away

A/n - Sorry for the late update! D: I hope this chapter makes it up to you guys! *It'll be a bit dull and slow this chapter to add to the plot but I promise a full course sweet meal next chapter that will have you fangirling like crazy! 

Pinky promise! -Dana

Chapter 28 - Stop Running Away

"Sweetheart." I glance over my shoulder and raise an eyebrow. He grins a pearly-white toothy grin and gestures to his lap, patting his thighs. "Come here, sweetie."

I shift around to face him, still rooted to my spot comfortably. "What is it?"

He grins wider this time before extending his arms out like he's going to catch something. "Its a surprise, sweetheart." My eyes light up at the word 'surprise' and I dart towards him, landing perfectly into his arms to which he caught me effortlessly like I weighed nothing. 

"What's the surprise?" 

He smiles and taps his ringed fingers on a brown folder. I stare at the dangerous rings around his fingers, a few inks of tattoos running up to his middle finger and thumb. "Daddy has something exciting to show you, princess." He settles my thrilled form on his lap, chuckling lowly as he opens the folder and pull a few pieces of paper out. Some pictures tumble out of the file along with the papers and I reach for them.

I giggle a bit and raise them a bit for Dad to see. "Who is this, Daddy?"

Dad grins again, plucking out the picture in my hands with his long fingers and taps on it gently with his thumb. "This person, sweetheart, is your prince."

I lit up even brighter than before and twirled around to look at my father to see him with a bright beaming grin on his face. "My prince? Like in the fairy tales you tell me during bedtime?" 

"Exactly, sweetie. Just like in the fairy tales." He nuzzles the tip of his nose against my own lovingly with a smile. "An adorable princess like you deserves a prince charming of her own." I squeal when Dad lunges forward and tickle me madly until I was doubling over in laughter and tears. "This prince charming will be perfect for my little princess, isn't that right, Ava?"

"Oh, for fuck's sake, Maxon, stop deluding the little girl." 

Dad spins his black leather office chair around and glares coldly at Jack who was leaning against the door-frame in his crisp black suit. "Language, Drought. My daughter is present."

Jack merely rolls his eyes and before Dad could comment, Noah strides in and grumbles upon setting his eyes on us. "Maxon, I thought we've been over this. We've agreed to not tell little Ava here about the arrangement until she's 13."

Dad pouts before he smiles and twirls the chair around again for a full spin, me giggling on his lap as I watch the room spin around and making me dizzy. "But I can't keep it to myself. I have to tell Ava." He plays with my tiny fingers and makes cooing noises at me. 

"Then what was the point of you threatening us yesterday to not tell her then, Carter?"

"God fucking dammit, Lucci, you sound like my wife when she's fucking pissed on her period." 

"Really?" Jack mutters, rubbing his forehead. "You told me not to curse and yet, you're the one using more colorful words than me. I think you're the bad influence here, Max."

Dad ignores them and whips us around to face his desk again. All the spinning has made me dizzy and I see stars dotting my vision before I could finally focus on the pictures sprawled out on the table. I gaze at the picture hard and frown.

"So he is my prince, Daddy?"

"He certainly is, sweetheart." He says, pecking the top of my head as he picks up the picture I was staring at. "I hope you like him, Ava. I picked him out myself."