Chapter 14 - Never Happened

I sat on the park bench, playing with the ends of my dark brown hair while watching a bunch of kids playing. It was a peaceful day and I definitely needed one of these days to loosen myself up. I brushed my tangled hair with my fingers as a comb before I heard a little girl's voice.

"My mom braided my hair. Isn't it pretty?"

I looked up and saw a girl with her blonde hair in a pretty braid. A flower was placed perfectly into her hair, just right above her ear. She was showing it off to another girl who clearly looked jealous of her hair.

I closed my eyes as a memory appeared in my head.

Mom had passed away when I was only 10 years old. She died giving birth to Michael and Michelle. So all that was left was Dad to take care of us, not that he complained.

At the age of 13, I was about to begin my first day of high school and I was a nervous wreck. I had woken up an hour earlier than usual, frantically going through my option of outfits to wear on the first day. The outfit that I finally chose was perfect for the day but I didn't know how to style my hair. I was about to go mad when Dad offered to braid my hair.

I guess Dad had noticed my panic mode because he calmly asked me to relax. I was still tense but I did loosen up in the end. Dad then skilfully braided my hair and surprisingly, it went perfectly with my outfit. I was shocked that Dad knew how to braid.

"Where did you learn to braid?"

"A few videos and some practice." He said but I was still confused. "Dad has to be a Mom once in a while for his daughter."

I smiled at the memory when a sudden bark broke me out of my reverie. I beamed when I saw the all adorable bulldog, bouncing up and down. I got up from the bench and crouched down with a huge grin on my face.

"Boo!" I cooed loudly, spreading arms out wide.

Boo barked and ran towards me, tail wagging furiously. Boo bounded to me and basically ran me over, licking my face profusely while jumping around and barking. I messed and pet him like a madwoman, laughing.

"I missed you too, buddy!" I grinned, stroking his head a bit roughly.

Evan let out a laugh, walking to where me and Boo were having our bonding time. "See, I told you he missed you."

"He looks so happy to see me!" I squealed, hugging a hyperventilating Boo. "I want him as my own."

"No can do, bella. He's my best friend."

"Aw, man's best friend?" I mused. Boo was rubbing his head against my shoulder like crazy as if he wanted to push me off my butt. "How cute."

Evan and I had agreed to meet up earlier and its only Wednesday, two days after my rendezvous with Law. Its around 5pm and I had asked to leave my shift an hour earlier just to meet with Evan at the park. I was not disappointed to say the least.

"In my opinion, you're cuter."

I gave Evan a playful frown before pushing at his leg causing him to stumble a bit and nearly falling down. "What makes you think so, handsome?"

Evan smirked before crouching down to my level and winking at him. "I think its pretty obvious, cutie."

I'm starting to notice the amount of pet names I have.

Hmm, interesting.

"And you were saying something about handsome?"

I hummed in response, smiling devilishly at him but keeping a passive look on. I propped a cheek into my palm. "Words can't describe how handsome you are, Evan."