Chapter 4 - Mafia

Chapter 4 - Mafia

"Do you know what you're supposed to do?"

"I am pretty damn sure I was the one who arranged the plan."

"Make sure you blend in perfectly, okay?"

"I know, Ad-"

"Don't repeat your mistake of being caught yesterday again."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Relax, Ada-"

I was cut off by Adam who sent me a sharp look. "And hide the damn pendant." He hissed, pointing to the necklace around my neck. "I don't want to hear news going around of some legend still present although it was supposed to be buried in the past. I ain't cleaning your shit."

I scowled at him but removed and tucked the 'F' pendant into my purse anyway. I am seriously not taking any chances, especially not after yesterday night. "Now will you please chill and go with the plan?" I grunted, pulling at my dark red cocktail dress.

"As you say, princess." He retorted as I looped my arm around his and walking towards the huge mansion. "Remember that once we're in, we split up. You know how to navigate your way from then. Also, avoid all unwanted attention and we only meet up again tomorrow."

I nodded in response. 

We're currently in front of Dante Ignatio's super huge mansion. His mansion is very huge, it could even rival a palace. His mansion contained every single thing his empire needed- armories, barracks, training halls and more. 

Dante Ignatio is one of the most influential men in the underworld, having made a name for himself through the black market aka the underground. He was one of the independent men who only controlled his alliances but was still considered part of the mafia.

Dante hosts a party at his mansion every year but only certain people are invited- only those who have their names on the list and those who are very well-known or part of one of the powerful gangs in the underworld. In short, even if your name isn't listed in but you're part of some huge famous gang or you're super well-known among the mafias, you're still allowed in.

Originally, I wasn't planning on joining although the party is bound to have heaps of information going around, judging by the types of people attending it. Gangleaders, independent mafias, assassins- you name it. Imagine the amount of information you could gain just by standing at the side and eavesdropping on a conversation. 

Yeah, very valuable.

Until I learned that Adam was tasked to run an errand there, so I just had to go. I'm actually able to enter the party but since I'm now moving under low-profile, it has been a pain in the ass to get around. Adam has the same 'brand' name as mine but not a lot of people know of him since his job is mainly in the shadows. After persuading and threatening Adam a few times at his house- whilst his father laughed at our antics, Adam finally agreed reluctantly.

So now, I could enter the party without revealing myself just by introducing myself as Adam's girlfriend the second we're at the entrance.

We stepped onto the top steps of the front door, a few big guys in suits standing in front of the golden double doors. One of them held a few pieces of paper in his hand and he walked towards us. "State your business." He huffed in a gruff tone.

Adam silently lifted his golden 'F' pendant that was hanging around his neck with a slight smirk tugging at his lips. The guy's eyes widened in surprise as I stifled a laugh at his reaction. Adam placed a finger on his lips with a sly grin before tucking the golden pendant back under his tux, keeping it hidden. "I assume that I don't have to say anything about that. Also, together with me here is my girlfriend."