Chapter 20 - The Underworld

Chapter 20 - The Underworld

I sat at the corner of my bed, Rhiannon just leisurely braiding my hair although she's failing terribly at it- not that I will tell her though- while reading a random book Jack gave to me. Michelle is getting a piggyback from Michael, casually walking around my room with a few giggles here and there. I chuckled, swiftly taking a picture of the two of them. 

"This will be an adorable addition to the shelf." I smiled. Rhiannon looked over my shoulder and she 'ooh'ed. I looked up again and called out to them. "Careful there, guys. Last thing I want is an injured sibling."

"She'll be alright, Ava." Michael grinned.

Michelle pursed her lips, poking his shoulder. "Are you not tired? You've been carrying me for a while now."

"He's gonna be okay, Michy." Rhiannon grinned, swinging her fist in a determined manner. "He's a strong boy."

"But Michael has been-"

"I'm alright, Michelle."

"But-"

"Okay, enough buts now, you two." I chuckled, getting up and clasping my hands. "Who's hungry, hmm?" Their faces lit up and I ruffled their hair with a laugh. "Get into the kitchen, I'll be there soon, alright?" It didn't take long before the two of them were out and running towards the kitchen with a skip in their steps. 

Wow, they're hungry, alright.

"They're growing up really well, Ava." A new voice joined in. I smiled as Vern entered the room, her eyes still lingering on the two kids who had just ran out. Vern returned my smile a moment later. "You're doing great in raising them."

"Thank you."

I sat back down and tidied up a little before noticing that Vern is standing in front of the mirror, inspecting herself. I frowned, noticing something missing. "Vern, you're not wearing contacts?"

Vern shook her head, glancing back at me with a smile. "I don't feel like wearing them today. Plus, its just us right now, so no harm in showing them."

Rhiannon frowned, sitting upright. "You sure though? I don't mind seeing your eyes but I'm quite concerned if someone were to barge in right now."

"Its fine. No need to worry about me."

Rhiannon was about to protest again when Vern waved her hand, dismissing the topic. "Can we stop talking about my eyes? There's a bigger thing in hand and its the plan." Then Vern winked at me. "But we're talking about your date after this, Ava."

"Its just a date, no need to make it such a big deal, gu-"

"So, we strike Elicio tonight?"

"Really, you're just going to ignore me?"

"Pretty much. Although not confirmed but there's a high chance that we are. Lucia will inform us later. When its green, we go. If not, then we wait for next Sunday when he meets up with Dante." Rhiannon turned to me. "What's taking Lu so long?"

I shrugged, falling back onto my bed. "She said that she'll have to scout out the place first, make sure that he doesn't have a million men keeping watch."

"A million men?" Vern scoffed. "I thought this is a secret shipment. A million men would be attracting too much attention."

"Hey, its Elicio. The guy'll do anything to make sure no one's on his ass."

"Exactly." I added, propping myself up onto my elbow. "Either way, do you have the needed cargo ready? Adam's already dealing with Galileo. I'm pretty sure Rhiannon already has the other gangs rounded up too."