Prologue

"Every Beauty needs her Beast,

Every Princess needs her Prince,

Just like how every Queen needs her King."

***

Ava Quinn didn't expect to run into Law Riverio at her new school, the one boy she has to stay away from at all costs. But by the time she realized it was him, it was too late- she had somehow gotten attached.

Law, despite his name, was against the rules. Tattoos, skipping school, his troublemaker friends- he was anything but his name. But that is also what makes him intriguing.

Law looked past Ava's strong appearance and saw the broken, beautiful girl underneath. Ava looked past Law's tough appearance and saw the loving, adorable boy underneath. 

A world filled with mafias, possibilities, conspiracies and heartbreak, Ava and Law finds solace in each other.

But despite everything, they find that they share something deeper than just a simple friendship.

***

"Great, I bet I look like I'm into mothers." Law groaned beside me, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

I feigned a gasp mockingly. "I thought you were!"

Law then glanced at me with a devilish smirk. "Only young hot mothers though."

I grimaced and nudged his side forcefully. But of course, he remained unfazed only amused- the damn smirk still plastered on his smug face. Ha-ha, it feels great knowing that I'm his personal entertainment if he ever feels bored- not.

"Why're you here?" I asked out of the blue, breaking the silence after a while. Law hummed in response. "I met you here when I came with my siblings earlier, but why did you choose to stay and accompany me looking after them?"

I turned to look up at him. Law kept a straight face on but the slight frown on his forehead indicated that he was thinking. He then looked back at me with a soft smile on his lips.

Woah, wait a second! Law rarely smiles genuinely around me!

"No reason."

I turned back to the playground and smiled, pushing back the fluttering feeling that was forming in my stomach. "Okay." When I heard no response, I looked back at him only to find that Law had been gazing at me with the smile still on him the whole time. "W-what?"

I felt nervous under his intense gaze, biting onto my lower lip- a habit of mine when I felt nervous. This instead got me a groan from Law. I was about to ask what was wrong when I met the lust flashing in Law's eyes and the strained look on him. 

"Babe, do that again and I'll be forced to bang you."