Chapter 33 - It'll Be Alright

500 reads! SHOOK! Thank you! *tears up again*

I hope you guys don't hate after last chapter *nervously chews lips with a dry laugh**sweating profusely*

Chapter 33 - It'll Be Alright

We were both broken.

I couldn't help the tears that fell from my eyes.

This is exactly why I have to break up with him. We'll both get too attached.

I hold Law together, his body shaking violently in my arms as he cried silently in agony. All the while, I placed soft kisses on his hair, forehead and cheek while stroking his hair with a hand rubbing his back. He was like a vulnerable baby at the moment.

So utterly broken.

I didn't say anything as I comforted him on the couch of his house. It was dark inside and outside but it didn't matter. All my attention was on him. I have to nurse him back to his usual self. I have to heal his scars. I have to place a safety blanket over his heart to make sure he doesn't break again. 

"I don't want to leave you." He whispers suddenly with a shaky tone. 

I lick my lips, my heart clenching. He's too long gone, he's not functioning properly. "Law, you're exhausted. You can't think str-"

Law grips my shirt and pulls away. He grits his teeth in a more serious and determined way. "I'm serious, Ava. I'm not leaving you. Not when you're my happiness."

I smile weakly at him, cupping his face and wiping his tears away with my thumb. "I know." I assure gently and hugging him back. "Which is exactly why you have to calm down." I pat his back while cooing into his ear as his body slowly starts to relax. "I'm here. I'm not going anywhere."

It was silent for a while, the only sounds coming from the light rain pouring down outside. I didn't notice that it had started raining- I guess we were both too caught up with our feelings to realize. 

"I'll persuade my father."

My heart stops and the hand that was rubbing his back pauses. "What?"

"I'll reason with him. Try to get out of the marriage." Law says more firmly, pulling away again. He looks away while clenching his fists. "I know its not possible that I could change his mind, its worth a shot. Even if that doesn't work, I'll try scare off the girl. She goes to our school right?"

"Law, what are sayi-"

"I'm saying that I'm not getting married to anyone but you." Law state, his stance tense. "I don't want anyone else. Just you."

I smile at the confession, tears threatening to spill again. "Law, I don't know what to say." 

Law shakes his head and turns to me, his eyes widening. He captures my face in his hands as he looked at me in panic. "Shit, babe, why are you crying? Fuck, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt yo-"

"You didn't hurt me." I say, silencing his rambling. I nuzzle into his hand, meeting his soft gaze. "You won't believe how much that meant to me."

Law smiles, resting his forehead on mine. His gaze was so intense, I could feel the flames burning in his eyes. 

"Just you wait.I'll do anything to be with you."

**

I exhale shakily on the pathway of my house, staring nervously. Its still raining and still in the middle of the night, having just left Law's house.