Chapter 16 - Another Mafia

"Let me guess." I paused with a finger raised for effect as I crossed my legs on the table. "Jack's orders. Also, that's not even a question, its a fact. Its true, isn't it?"

Rhiannon crossed her arms and leaned back on her chair, blowing air into her gum. After it had burst, only then did she gave a response. "Yup." 

I groaned loudly, smacking my palms onto my face and dragging them down. "Fuck you, Jack." I muttered under my breath, the image of Jack probably laughing his ass off right now popping into my head. "Why?"

Vern gave a shrug. "He only said its for safety reasons. Said that the shitty brat can't take care of herself."

I cursed Jack internally. I'm going to fucking cut his dick off someday.

"Pfft, I bet its more for his entertainment than security." I grunted, looking away and unconsciously biting my bottom lip. "And the both of you are okay with this?"

They looked at each other for a few seconds before shrugging in unison. "Technically, we don't even care."

I bit on my bottom lip a bit harder than before, analyzing the situation.

The three of us are in the cafeteria right now and basically, the other students kept their distance from our table. I don't even have to ask to know that all three of us look terrifying with our frowns and let's not mention Rhiannon's gang clothes and Vern's dark aura radiating around. Let's also ignore the oh-so obvious brass knuckles and pocket knife that Rhiannon thought would be fine to be placed on the table in front of hundreds of hormonal teenagers. They're also stained with blood, by the way.

Not gonna ask what 'fun' activities she did with them.

I knew by heart that Law would be arriving soon with the two other idiots and after witnessing Dominique's current relationship with Rhiannon, its not going to be a family friendly verbal fight since they are both very vocal in their conversations. I'm lucky enough to get to have a few not so private moments with the both of them during recess but I just had to confront them about this matter. I can't just mention Jack in front of those three boys.

 Jack ordered Rhiannon and Vern to transfer to this school for 'safety reasons' -I highly doubt that and already, they are both attracting unwanted attention. What the fuck was Jack thinking? Sooner or later, mobs will catch wind of this and that is the last thing I want on my list.

Is Jack thinking irrationally or just losing his 'edge'? That's impossible, he's the most calculative person I know. He won't do this without reasonable excuses -except the fact that he's also doing this to mess with me- and of course he'd have thought of all the possible outcomes. But in this case, the cons clearly outweighed the pros more so unless there is a very solid and dangerous reason he risked this, then I'll overlook this.

And somewhere deep inside irritated, annoyed gut, I have a familiar feeling that Jack is going to send me a text.

Ping!

Oh, will you look at that! Speak of fucking satan and he shall appear.

With a glare, I punched in my pin number and true enough, in bold lettering is the man of the day himself. I typed his name into my contacts as Shitty Uncle because truthfully, it suits him perfectly well.

Did you enjoy my awesome, heartwarming surprise? :) -Jack

Bastard dares to send me an innocent, smiley face. Asshole.

Its the best goddamn surprise in my fucking life! <3 When did you have the time to think about it considering that you're always busy visiting your local strip club? -Haha, very funny