Chapter 26 - Even If Everything Breaks

"So.."

"Law, huh?"

"Okay, you guys can stop with the teasing already." I mutter, face burning. I turn to glare at Rain and Vern only to see their wicked smirks. Sometimes I regret having best friends.

Ever since I told them that I just had my first kiss, Rain and Vern have been non-stop verbally abusing my ears with constant teasing. It got to the point where the whole mob, The Family, knows about it. Noah and Jack even confronted me about it for fuck's sake! Not to mention, that my mafia members have been chasing after me for juicy details (that includes my uncles).

I should have expected this when I told them. I won't be surprised if the whole alliance chases after me by the end of this week.

It has been a few days since the fated kiss- as everyone loves to call it- and I haven't met Law ever since. I'm even starting to think that the kisses he gave me that night was just a fluke. 

And that hurts like fuck every time I think about it so I refrain over-thinking about it.. most of the time. 

"Can we please get to the meeting? The mafia's at a crisis here." I whine, stomping my foot childishly. 

Rhiannon laughs. "We are heading to the meeting. We're just teasing you along the way. I bet Law was such a good kisser."

Vern scoffs loudly, waving her hand at Rain accusingly. "Says the girl who kissed said person's best friend 3 times and loved it."

"What?" Rhiannon gasps in feign shock and poked-shoved Vern on the arm. "A girl who had her boobs exposed and pressed against the boy she's dating has no right to call me that."

"We're not dating! This is the hundredth time I'm telling you this!"

"But you guys are 'on the way'." Rhiannon smirks when Vern flushes a bright red color,an obvious contrast against her pale skin. Rhiannon flips her steel blue hair, the tattooed letters 'UNITY' on each knuckle showing. "Plus, I'm not ashamed to say that I really did love kissing Dom. He has a really skillful tongue, I should say."

I raise a brow at Rain with a smirk. "You're planning on kissing him again, aren't you?"

"Plan's already underway. I'm not going to be the one crawling to him. Pfft, I'm too expensive for that." She scoffs. "He's going to be the one begging for another kiss from me."

"You're too much sometimes." I joke, leaving them behind and walking away. I step into the elevator and hover my hand over the buttons, frowning at them. "Coming or what?" They stumble to their feet and join me in the lift as I press on a button. The elevator roars to life and after a slight jerk, it finally heads down with a few screeches here and there. 

It was silent until Vern decides to speak up.

"So when was the last time you kissed Law?"

"Four days ago."

"And when was the last time you met him?"

I sigh, scowling at a focused Vern, seeing her point in the mini-interview. "Four days ago." I tuck my hands into the pockets of my hoodie and stare back at my reflection on the wall of the elevator. "Its the same for you guys too, isn't it?"

Rain chuckles bitterly. "Yep. Last time I saw the ass was at the party."

"Same case over here."

"Bastards just disappear without telling us." I smirk at the irony of our statements although it hurts. "That's some pretty fucked up shit right there." I look up at the elevator's floor number and narrow my eyes before looking back at the two girls behind me. "Gear up, girls. Bad shit coming right up."