Gary plopped back down into his seat and exhaled. "Sorry about that," he said to the scarlet-headed god seated next to him.

"Lesser sisters?" Julius asked as he stretched. He leaned forward in his seat behind the Arcturan, now fully rested. "What do you mean, up there and on Cenerea? Are you from another planet, Mother?"

She laughed and raised her hands into the air, "We are all on the planet Cenerea and all of us are on the continent of Regalius, in the Homeland, stuck in this evil artificial intelligence machine that resides in a little nasty house with shitty cabinets at 114 Darvon Street."

"Shitty cabinets?" Julius asked in confusion.

Elle nodded. "Very."

The archaeologist was perplexed. "I don't get it, how is this possible?"

"This is a simulation, none of this is real, including you," Elle explained, sweeping her hands around the aircraft's cabin.

"Ah," Julius said, sadly realizing the weight of the woman's statement as he stared out of the window. "Shitty cabinets..."

Gary shook his head, disregarding the revelation. "Bullshit, none of what you said makes any sense. Look, I can feel this!" he said patting the back of the seat in front of him. "...and this." He pinched himself on the forearm. "How can we be on the same planet you are from and none of this is real?"

"It's kind of like Horton hears a Who," Julius said turning his gaze toward Gary. "...but, we are the Who's and Horton is a computer and he made us."

Elle sat up and turned, looking over her shoulder and her seat at the German in confusion.

"I see they do not have Dr. Seuss on Cenerea. That's a shame," Gary said.

She thought for a moment until the information came to her. "Ah, Dr. Seuss. Cat in the Hat, an adult human that writes books for little humans. I see." Elle looked over at Gary with narrowed eyes. "So, the only way you could understand what I said was to have the information disseminated to you in the form of a children's book?" She burst out laughing.

Julius snickered and fell back into his seat.

The CIA operative was not amused.

Elle had come to understand her power to manipulate these disgusting human simulations without wielding her deadly power was just as potent here as on Cenerea. She could play anyone receptive enough to her personality or looks like a musical instrument, exactly as she did Jay so long ago. A soft tender touch here, a joke there, some meaningless banter and they would all be hers without fear, and they would do anything for her.

She did have to give it to Geneticus, however, for replicating things so granularly. In fact, this United States seemed advanced enough it might even be ready to learn all about Cenerean bioelectronics and artificial intelligence. All she needed to do now was to convince this entire artificial world that the fucking machine up there was the enemy and she was their salvation. Elle could simply give these little worker insects the tools and they would bring it all down for her. The Arcturan knew her life in the Homeland up there was over, but she could have one hell of a time down here on this one with all of these weak simulations. That fucking machine built this universe to save that bitch Wendy Bouri, now Elle was going to send it all to hell, including the A.I. itself.

...

Earth. 3rd Planet from the star, Sol, The United States,

Maryland, Joint Base Andrews,

The Next Morning, Eighteen Earth Years Ago

The morning sun forced a sliver of light through a tiny slit in the curtains. It landed squarely on Gary Schmidt's face. The offensive ray pulsed as it reacted to the air conditioner creating ripples in the heavy material covering the windows. "Damn, what time is it?" the man asked squinting. He lifted a hand to wave off the beam, and then glanced over at his watch on the nightstand. "Alright, looks like it's time to get up. C'mon, time to go meet the eggheads, Ms. Arcturis," Gary said tapping the woman on her pretty, exposed shoulder. He lifted the sheets from his naked body and stood stretching. He felt the woman's magical fingertips slide slowly down the side of his buttocks.

"You know I prefer that you call me Mother."

"Ummm, no. We've been over this, not if you want me to perform."

"Regardless, I still want to keep you as one of my slaves, Mr. Schmidt. You are quite excellent and I have really grown fond of your company."

"As I have told you already, you would have to discuss that with my girlfriend," he replied with a smirk. His fear of the beautiful woman left him a couple nights before with the aid of her pretty, talented mouth, among other things.

"Oh, you can bring her along if you want," the Arcturan said lying on her side. "I gave up on jealousy and possessiveness a long time ago."

"Yeah, I don't think she goes for women, even the goddess type," he said looking down at the Arcturan. "But, damn I would love to see it."

"Ah, well, she should at least consider sharing. Either way, give my proposition some thought, Gary."

"After the past few nights, believe me I am."

Elle smiled, however the facial expression slowly faded, replaced by a grimacing look of pain.

"What is it?" the man asked concerned.

"I believe it is the baby. It's coming!" she replied, doubling over in pain.

"That fast?"

"Get Julius!"

The CIA operative ran into the adjacent hotel bedroom and woke the sleeping archaeologist, "Get up! It's Elle!"

"Is she dead?" The German asked excitedly. "Did you kill her?"

"No, it's the baby! She is about to have the baby!" Gary said.

"Oh." Julius blinked. One, realizing Gary was naked and two, that the world was about to have two potentially evil super-humans walking on its surface and wreaking havoc.