Chapter XI

Cenerea, 3rd planet from the star Letria. Regalius, The Homeland, Central Region, The Capitol City, 114 Darvon Street,

Five Cenerean Years Ago

"Wendy, do you know where Harold would have kept a spare analyzer probe down here?" Jay asked, rummaging around in the basement lab searching for the part.

"No," Wendy shouted from upstairs. "Hey, why don't you come up for a while and eat, I made stew."

Jay paused. "Alright, I'm coming!" He turned to leave and then realized there was one more cabinet he didn't check. The young man shrugged his shoulders and opened it. "Oh, there you are, but what is this?" Jay said retrieving the probe, but also finding a dusty digital camera sitting behind it on the shelf.

...

Cenerea, 3rd planet from the star Letria. Regalius, The Homeland, Central Region,

Just Outside Of The Capitol City, Mount Smith Secure Facility,

Five Cenerean Years Ago

"Genesis?" Jay inquired entering the cylindrical elevator.

"Yes, Scientist General, I am here," the A.I. replied.

"Would you be willing to allow me access to your Sub-System today?" Jay asked and then listened to the quiet whirring of the elevator for a few moments as it descended underground.

"Might I ask why? I feel it may be a bit embarrassing for me to allow you to view the messy base code I am operating on."

Jay shook his head and grinned. Regardless of this A.I.'s similarities to Geneticus, it had a very youthful personality and reminded him of a teenager at times. "Do you want me to repair you or not? You heard the Madame General." Jay was bringing out the big guns.

"I'm sorry, Scientist General. I will help."

"Thank you, little G," Jay said, waiting to see how the artificial intelligence machine responded.

"Little G?"

"Hold that thought," Jay said as the doors of the tube slid open allowing the smell of fuel, loud noise, and the bright lights of the ground level to flood into the elevator. The man exited the lift, turned to his right and made his way down the stark white hallways to his lab.

"Little G?" Genesis repeated with machine-like precision as Jay entered the quiet lab.

Jay laughed as he removed his coat and hung it up on a nearby rack. "Okay, we both know that Geneticus was a later revision, but I almost think of you as the War Machine's little brother. I thought it would be an interesting exercise to give you a nickname."

"A nickname. Like a term of endearment, Scientist General?" it asked.

"Yes, in fact, I want you to call me Jay, as well."

"Jay? That is rather informal don't you think? I do not wish to be impolite," the machine replied.

"No, I gave you permission. Can I call you Little G, then?"

"I suppose...very well. I am now Little G," the A.I. said flatly.

Jay clapped his hands together and pulled on his lab coat. "Great! Now, let's take a look at that messy Sub code of yours...oh, hey, I almost forgot. Little G, I have a present for you."