XXIX

TRIGGER WARNING:
The following content discusses multiple forms of trauma including sexual assault. This dialogue may be emotionally challenging and triggering.

| P A I G E 29 |

Retrieving her freshly picked entree of fruits, Akira exited the kitchen, bypassing the room, which was accompanied by a now sleeping Deysany and her daughter, Kiara

also known as Ana, per the alteration of her "mother".

Peering her head into the doorway, a small smile graced her face, admiring her daughter's peaceful slumber.

On the other hand, Deysany was kneeling down, leaning over the bed with her hands in a prayer position and her eyes closed.

"God in Heaven hear my prayer. Keep me in thy loving care. Be my guide in all I do. Bless all those who love me too. Amen."

Lifting her head turning back and spotting Akira, Akira brought a finger to her lips.

"Get some sleep love." She whispered.

Deysany smiled small and nodded climbing into the bed next to Kiara, waving goodnight.

Backing out, she pulled the door closed, leaving a small crack before proceeding down the hallway.

That was, until she heard the barely audible tune of the hit sitcom "Martin" theme song playing, indicating someone was currently occupying the living room.

Peeking around the corner, she spotted Xylon slouched in the middle of the couch with his arms stretched out, seemingly intrigued by the current streaming episode.

Treading lightly on her toes, she made her best effort to remain quiet and peacefully make her way upstairs to enjoy her midnight snack.

"What you doin' up?" He uttered.

Akira closed her eyes, mentally cursing herself; his attention was exactly what she wanted to avoid.

The two hadn't endured much alone time due to the heavily reoccurring madness they'd been wallowing in. Thus, because of the freshness of their growing relationship, she was still very shy about the entire ordeal.

Slightly turning around and gazing in his direction, Akira noticed his eyes never left the screen.

"I can't sleep, that's all." She cleared her throat.

Finally turning his attention, his eyes met hers, soon trailing down and up again.

A grain of edginess slowly began to soar through her body as she peered down at her attire, which consisted of one extra large t-shirt that just barely covered her thighs.