XXVIII

| Paige 28 |

Boston, MA

"In less than twenty-four hours, Xylon will be landing and deplaning at Logan airport. The group consists of about five people, including himself."

During his demonstration, the audience listened intently, jotting down their own set of footnotes according to their assigned roles.

"Yes?" He nodded his head in the woman's direction, whose hand was slightly raised.

"Are the two children also amongst the five landing?"

"Yes, thank you for bringing that up. Our priority will be the children. Our goal is to bring them to safety as quickly and as efficiently as possible. The oldest is about eight years old, and the youngest is six. You will be tempted to give them an explanation and you will be tempted to reassure them in an attempt to calm them down, but we will not have the time. Follow the orders, and we'll deal with the technicalities later. Once handed off to the caretakers, we'll have proceeded to the next phase."

"The caretakers are Kari and I, right?" Teyana queried.

"Yes, Deysany, especially, is more familiar with your faces. Try to comfort the younger one as best as you can."

"Question though..." Zachary trailed.

He took a deep breath, pinching the bridge of his nose, desperately dreading one of Zachary's many inquiries.

"So... do we call her Ana or Kiara? She looks much more like a Kiara than an Ana, but I don't need her to not respond to me because that's gon' blow me. And I'm already not good with kids."

"Call her by the name she's known for the past six years then, dumb ass." Teyana chimed.

"But they be referring to her as Kiara and shit!"

The entire table fell into a deep sigh as their pens and notepads clunked against the table.

"Take five, please." Eric tiredly waved his hand, dismissing everyone.

"Fine wit' me, I'm hungry." Zachary stood up, stretching from his seat. "Y'all want anything?"

"No!" All and sundry erupted simultaneously.

"I wasn't gon' get y'all nothing anyway," he grumbled as he followed a laughing Teyana out of the small room.

"That boy is a piece of work." He shook his head.