XXIV

| P A I G E 24 |

"Fuck you just say?"

The man sends a forkful of pasta into his mouth, dabbing the corners with a napkin.

"Joao, right? That's who you're looking for?" He sipped from his glass, glancing at Xylon.

Ticking his jaw, Xylon poked his cheek with his tongue.

"Who the fuck is asking?"

"He is, Xylon." Akira commented.

Xylon shot a glare at her as the man chuckled.

"You're not gonna find him here."

"Look, I don't wanna fuckin' hear all'at. Between you and a few other mothafuckas, if I find out y'all working with this nigga and got me playin' duck, duck, fuckin' goose around the world, I'ma shred the skin off your fuckin' bones."

"Xylon!"

"Nah, man." He waved his hand. "I'm tired of these fuckin' games. Niggas think this shit a game and it's not. This my daughter LIFE. My KID."

The man hummed a familiar tune, swindling the bubbly fluid in his glass.

"You came to the right place, but not for the right reasons."

Xylon's eyes flared, gripping the seat of his chair, remaining composed. Sensing his attempt to calm down, Akira intervenes.

"Okay, the riddles are really starting to piss us off. Tell us what you're talking about and stop beating around the bush. Either you know something or you don't." She belted.

Xylon's eyes flew in her direction, peering at her mirroring unsettled expression.

"It wasn't a riddle, I mean it. You want to know what happened to your daughter? You need to go back. You need to follow up with the past. Marlon. You recall that young man, don't you, Mr. Xavier?"

Akira's eyes narrowed, glimpsing at Xylon, who continued scrutinizing the man.

"My name is David. David Blyden. I'm his brother."

Reaching into his pocket, Xylon immediately rushed towards Akira, settling her behind him. Removing his firearm from his pocket, aiming it in his direction, a few remaining startled customers made small gasps and cries, scurrying their way inside.

"Xylon, please... what's going on?" Her gaze batted between the two.

Chuckling, David stood with his hands up, shaking his head. Waving his wrist, Xylon's eyes flickered towards his hand.