X

| P A I G E 10 |

Xylon laughed, regaining control of the car as Akira smacked her lips, folding her arms across her chest.

"Why would you play like that? You literally gave me a heart attack! " She frowned, side-eyeing him.

"But did you die though?"

"I'm not even in the mood to sing anymore." She mumbled, picking at her nails.

"Good."

She scoffed, staring at him in disbelief, and on account of continuing to annoy him, she decided to sing along to the song that was now playing.

Between her piercing vocals, thunder clapping and their constant bickering over how terrible her singing was or how backwards he was, the two had finally made it to their destination.

Bringing the car to a halt, gazing out of the window, Akira gaped up at the house that sat before her with admiration.

It was a two-story home with white plaster walls, a brown tile roof, and a crimson red door. Moving into winter, fallen leaves began to scatter across the waning green lawn.

"Wow." She smiled faintly.

"Come on." He removed his key, stepping out of the car.

Removing her now fully charged phone from the wire, Akira unfastened her seatbelt, grabbing the rest of her belongings. Reaching for the handle, Xylon beat her to the punch, opening her door for her to step out.

Akira shot a quick thank you to him and continued to admire the home, now noticing the tall weeping willow tree with a tire swing blowing in the wind.

Sauntering towards the tree, she shifted her things into her left hand, reaching her right hand out, letting the synthetic rubber of the wheel graze under her fingertips.

"Daddy, I don't know what to do!" She trembled, holding tight to the rope.

"Figure it out, Akira." He groaned.

"I can't. Help me!"

"You have to learn!" He said sternly. "Life is a balance of holding on and letting go. Hold on for as long as you can and let go when you need to."

"Let go, Akira. Let go, Akira. Akira let go!"

"Akira let's go!" Xylon called, as he had already made his way up to the porch.