XVIII

| P A I G E 18 |

Daddy Don't cry, I'm okay! When I was lying there, I didn't see or feel anything

When I was lying there, I didn't see or feel anything. I was in a big pretty garden full of beautiful flowers. I was playing with a few other kids. I didn't know what happened, but I was okay and safe!

That's a good thing, right? You always said safety first!

And then an angel came and told me not to be scared and that they were here to protect me.

It's so beautiful up here. Daddy, you gotta come and see this one day! The sky is a really pretty blue, like Mommy's favorite color, and the flowers and the grass smell sooo good.

There was a man who came up to me and he said, "I am your father up in heaven and nothing here will ever come to harm you."

I know he'll never replace you, but he loves me just like you and maybe even more! He makes me feel safe just like you did, Daddy.

Remember the elephant you bought me? I have a REAL elephant here and a lot of other things that keep me happy!

And guess what?

Daddy I have wings now and I can fly anywhere I want! I'll come visit you soon. I hope you remember me.

Everyone here is flying and enjoying this beautiful place that I call home now.

It's okay to cry, Daddy, but don't. Please? God told me to tell you to remember that he's protecting me every step of the way!

Look up to the sky and smile, because your beautiful Peanut is happy, and I will watch over you, Mommy, and my sister until the day you come to this beautiful place that's called Heaven.

Now it's my turn to keep you safe.

I can't wait to see you again.

I love you, Daddy!

--

"Xylon, can I talk to you for a minute?" Akira knocked, peeking her head into the room.

Xylon slightly jumped, snapping out of his trance, glancing over at her, blinking a few times, trying to regain his focus. He nodded slowly before swinging his legs off of the bed and rolling his neck around to crack it.

"You know, usually when somebody knocks, they wait for a response before opening the do'."

"Oh, sorry." She mumbled. "So are you..."

Xylon sighed, bringing a hand down his face.

"Uh yeah... I'm comin'. Gimme a second."

Akira nodded and exited the room, shutting the door. Xylon soon stood up, following behind her into the living room, taking a seat on the brown love seat which sat adjacent to her.

Toying with her fingers, she fixed herself comfortably in the seat before bringing her attention back to Xylon, taking a deep breath.