III

| P A I G E 3 |

Shuffling her feet, she gazed down at the gritty beige rock particles oozing between her tiny wiggling toes and smiled

Kneeling down, she scooped a handful of the sand into the palm of her hand holding a clenched fist.

Tilting it, her delighted eyes observed the sand begin to seep through the other end.

Intrigued by the brief flurry of activity she repeated this for the next few minutes, occasionally drawing erratic patterns into the sand with the tip of her index finger.

Swiping a coat over it, her finger art disappeared. She continued swiping her palm along the sand until there was a smooth flat empty surface.

Rising to her feet she gazed around the enchanting beach paradise. Holding one hand over her eyes to shade the glowing daystar, she rested the other on her hip.

The warm breeze brushed against her exposed skin, filling her with relief from the still, hot, and humid air.

Spotting a dislodged wooden stick, she quickly scurried over to pick it up and examine it. Breaking off a dwindling branch, she tossed it strolling back towards the large empty area, kicking away any remaining twigs and rocks.

Grasping the stick, she kneeled down and began carving into the sand.

"Aye mama, what you doin'?" Xylon queried, peeking over her shoulder.

"Ah!" She shrieked, dropping the stick. "Daddy, don't do that! You gave me a fright!" She frowned.

"I gave you a fright? Who taught you that? You know what? Never mind." He laughed. "My apologies love, I won't do it again. What you drawing?"

"Look!" She moved to the side, beaming proudly at her work.

Scanning over her engraved sand art, Xylon kneeled down smiling. Inside a big heart were three traced stick figures.

An averaged sized one with long wavy hair who was holding the hand of a smaller one with two curly puff balls. And lastly, the tallest one who had little twists sticking up around the head, and what looked like, a top hat.

"You did all 'dis in sand? Damn." He mumbled. "Peanut, is that supposed to be me?" Xylon laughed, pointing towards the tallest one.

"Mhm!" She beamed proudly. "And this is me, and this is mommy." She pointed to the shorter and averaged height one.

"Now the hair is good but, where our clothes at? We naked?" He joked.