IV

| P A I G E 4 |

As the tires cruised along the knobby rooted and uneven ground, Xylon's eyes darted out the window following the vanishing sky sheltered by the tree spreaded canopy of green

The sun dappled, shifting patterns of light in between the falling leaves that tumbled from the interlocking branches above.

Coming to a halt, Zachary shut the ignition off removing the car keys. Stuffing them into his pocket, the two unfastened their seat belts gathering their much needed materials, sliding on their jackets before stepping out.

Xylon's all black Galerrang lace-ups connected with the clattering leaves, rustling beneath his feet. Gazing around the all too familiar setting, the atmosphere clogged with wrath, resentment, and relief.

Dragging his feet along the path, Xylon was steered towards the sound of distinct voices murmuring amongst each other. The sound of cameras shuttering was followed by a small flash of light off in the distance, and plastic being rustled.

Peeling back the torn piece, he examined the now cold, pale, and rugged face which held dry brown patches splattered over it.

Holding her wrist, he waited a few seconds before smiling to himself.

There was still a pulse.

White knuckles colored the surface of his fingers, his nails sinking into the palm of his hand.

"You good man?"

Feeling a set of fingers set on his shoulders, Xylon whipped around, impulsively letting his fist graze the head of Zachary who luckily ducked just in time.

"Aye man, chill!" He scolded him, mugging.

The suppressed anger dancing in red across Xylon's face instantly neutralized, seeing it was just him. He sighed, realizing he was beginning to lose it again and needed to rejuvenate immediately.

Forced to set aside his internal feelings and those re-emerging mind boggling thoughts, he straightened himself out and mentally prepared to undertake his profession.

Solving his own case.

"BPD!" Zachary hollered flashing his badge, making his way towards everyone.

"I bet you always wanted to do that huh?" Xylon eyed him, shaking his head.

Zachary was a recently promoted police officer after successfully completing the Detective Exam along with his training. Luckily for him, he found a position under the wing of someone he was close to.