VI

| P A I G E 6 |

"Pea' c'mon, we gotta go, you gotta hurry up

"Pea' c'mon, we gotta go, you gotta hurry up. Don't you wanna get on the big purple train?" Xylon stood in the doorway of her bedroom.

"The big purple train for big girls?!" Her head shot up.

"The big purple train for big girls, so you can go to work with Daddy." He nodded.

She gasped, beginning to quickly rummage through her things. "Oh my gosh! I gotta find my bear daddy!"

"What bear mama?" He sighed, glancing at his watch.

"Daddy, the bear! The one with the pink polka dot blanket. The Ello-phant! That's the only bear I have." She sassed with her hand on her hip.

Xylon shook his head, mentally rolling his eyes.

"That ain't the only bear you have, lil girl." He corrected her, stepping into the room to help her search for her stuffed animal.

"It's the only real event one I have."

Xylon paused, momentarily staring over at her before laughing. "Baby, the word is relevant." She pouted.

"Same thing, daddy. How come you always tell me what to say? I don't tell you what to say when you don't talk right!" She interrogated.

"I'm sorry, you right. I shouldn't correct yo' grammar. How terrible of me."

"Very! I wanna talk like big people do, using big people vocabulary too."

Xylon shook his head.

"Well! That's why I'm helping you. So you can learn and get better. Didn't you sleep with your elephant last night? Where you put it when you woke up this mornin'?" He questioned.

She abruptly stopped, placing a finger on her chin in a thinking manner.

"I 'member going to pick out my own clothes and, uh,..."

"Well then, did you check your closet?"

She glanced over at it.

"No?"

He strolled over to her closet, rearranging her belongings in search of the elephant. Just then, he found the stuffed animal and grabbed it, placing everything back in order before standing up. He smirked, handing it to her.

"Here you go, now hurry up. You gon' make me late for work."

"Thank you, daddy!" She smiled. "Now get out, I have to get dressed!" Her tiny hands pushed his back as he pretended to fall, walking out of the room.

"Oh no! Gravity is... increasin' on me!" He exclaimed, gradually falling.

"No more Lilo & Stitch, Daddy!"