Chapter 17

Mend

Warning: For mature readers only.

He kissed her roughly.
It was desperate. They were both desperate. Soon, they were in bed, engaged in a desperate attempt to show how much they missed each other's warmth.

No words needed.
They let their body do all the talking. And whenever she came apart in his arms, there were tears in her eyes.

El opened her eyes, squinting through the sunlight that flashes behind the curtains of their bedroom. Her eyes landed on the bedside clock, it shows 3:35pm.

It appears she slept throughout the day. She lifted her arms to stretch her tired body. She felt stiff and tender in all places. She smiled at the knowledge behind her current state.

Glancing accross the room, she's hoping to catch a glimpse of her husband. When she didn't see him, she strained her ears and listened. She heard him in the kitchen and decides to leave the bed to greet him.

She's hoping to talk to him today. With their silent war come to an end -she hoped, maybe they could talk things over and start again.

Would she tell him? She wanted to, but she doesn't know if she have the courage to do so. What if-?

She shook her head, trying to dispell any negative thoughts lurking in her head. She picked up her robe and leave their bedroom. She found him in the kitchen, cooking.

The smell of creamy carbonara sauce wafted in the air. Aleck likes to cook as well.  As far as she knows, Aleck likes carbonara and strawberries but apart from that she doesn't know anything else, does she?

The knowledge disturbs her. She will have to change that.

She walks into the kitchen and approaches him silently. She wrapped her arms around him waist, hugging his body close to her from behind. She buried her face in his back, soaking in his warmth, feeling his hard body stiffen for a moment before eventually relaxes.

"Gising ka na pala. Kaunti na lang at maluluto na ito."

Marahan siyang tumango at humiwalay dito. Tinungo niya ang kitchen counter at umupo sa stool kaharap nito. Pinagmasdan niya ang bawat kilos ng asawa. Mula sa marahang paghahalo nito ng sauce hanggang sa kaswal na pagtikim nito ng lasa ng niluluto.

"You know, bakit hindi ka magtrabaho sa akin. Pwede kitang i-hire sa restaurant. I'm sure papayag sina Anthony." sabi niya habang nakapangalumbaba.

Napa-iling lang si Aleck, saglit siya nitong pinagmasdan bago muling ibinalik ang atensyon sa niluluto.
"Very funny."

"Seryoso ako. You can consider it as a career!" pabiro niyang sabi.

"I only cook simple dishes. I don't know any thing fancy other than carbonara."

"Oh come on! I love the way you cook my breakfast every morning. And besides you're good in everything you do, I'm sure you'll be a good chef." she rambles on.

Pinatay ni Aleck ang kalan bago siya nito hinarap at mataman tinitigan. There is a glint of amusement in his eyes.

"Uh-huh"

She nodded eagerly. "And besides, gwapo ka. With your looks, mas marami kaming magiging customer. You can even be the endorser of the restaurant itself."