Don't leave

"Do you have to go?" I begged Maizy the next morning.

"Yes I already told you. My mom wants to 'get to know her daughter better' since she's been slacking as a mother recently. We're just going out for breakfast and she's taking me to the Oakwood Mall. I'll be back soonish." She told me again as Maggie tried to eat her shoes again.

"See? Maggie doesn't want you to leave either." I tried persuading her again.

"Emory. I. Will. Be. Back. Soon. Calm. Yourself. You. Will. Survive. And you too little Maggie. I'm surprised your mom was cool with getting a dog."

"Me too. I think she always wanted to be the 'cool mom' because her mom wasn't."

"I'm hungry." Maizy said changing the subject as she opened the door.

"Maizy, you're literally going out to eat."

•     •      •

My mom and I were playing card games since we were bored and had the news in the background. Maggie was laying on my lap.

"One 8." She said as she laid down a card face down.

"BS I HAVE ALL THE 8'S!"

"Okay BS is an awful game to play with two people, I give up."

"Yep it would be more fun with Mai-"

"Emory, if you bring up Maizy one more time I'm going to my room and staying there for the rest of the day."

"I'm sorry! I love you mom." I smiled.

"Mhmmm." My attention broke from my mom when I heard something bad come on the news.

"There have been reports of multiple gun shots fired at the Oakwood Mall. The mall has gone into lockdown and the police have arrived on screen. When more information is present we will let you know immediately."

Maizy told me she was going to the Oakwood Mall.

AN: sorry this is a short chapter! But this story is coming to an end soon. Thank you guys so much for all the votes and comments! I was at #104 in romance today :)))