Savannah's sister

Maizy's pov:

"Emory?" I had texted her at 12:00am exactly. I hadn't talked to her all weekend because I was mad that she left the camp without saying goodbye. Was she forgetting about me? And she kept leaving Mackenzie and I but, I really wanted to be with Em.

"Em?" She didn't respond.

Even though I've been with Mack the past couple days, Emory never left my mind. She never texted me and asked what I was doing. Maybe she was busy. I miss her. I hope she didn't forget about me. Maybe she just needed space? I didn't want space. I hope I'm not annoying her. Is she still thinking about what happened with the janitor? If that guy doesn't get put behind bars I will murder him myself. Would that make her talk to me again?

"Emory? Are you okay? I miss you:( please respond, it said you read it."

"Are you mad at me?" I texted her again without a response.

Why would she be mad? Is it because of Mack? Can I not hang out with other people? Is she jealous? Mack is free spirited, not lesbian. Even if she was a gay or whatever, I would never like her. Especially while I was dating Emory! Does she think that little of me?

I sighed. I decided to call her, maybe she'd answer me then. I looked to my recent call history to find her name. My most recent call from her was from a couple days ago. When did that call happen? I didn't miss the call because it's not highlighted red. But I don't remember answering or declining it? I shrugged and called her anyway.

"Emory?" She answered.

"Please stop." It sounded like she was crying.

"Stop what? Em what's wrong?"

"Don't call me Em." I heard her sniffle.

"You liked it before." I frowned.

"Not when you say it. Not anymore."

"What? Why? Emory please tell me what's wrong you're worrying me."

"You don't care."

"I care about you, what's worrying you, and everything about you from the bottom of my heart."

"I have to go."

"Emory no-" was all I could say before the call ended. Why is she doing this? Is she really mad at me? It's not like I even wanted to hang out with Mackenzie at the mall and stuff, I just would've felt bad if I said no.

I hate when people are mad at me. Sometimes it feels like everyone is mad at me. My parents who are rarely here, my sister when she was still here, some of my friends, and now my girlfriend. Am I a bad person that makes everyone angry? It feels like Jane and Dustin haven't even really talked to me for an entire month even though I've hung out with them. Did I do something wrong?

I looked around my darkened room and the shadows in it. It felt isolated and cold. I wanted someone to hold. I liked the feeling of holding Emory. She was warm but she wouldn't make me over heated.

Maybe I could call Savannah? Would she know what's wrong? I hope she's still awake. I found her name in my contacts and called her.

"I am your babysitter, why are you up this late?" She answered laughing.

"Ha very funny." I said in a monotone voice. "Can you help me with something?"

"So when you're having lesbian sex-" I cut her off immediately.

"OH MY GOD SAVANNAH NO. AnyWAY.." I explained to her what was going on.

"She probably thinks your cheating on her. Did you think that Mackenzie might like you? That's probably what Emory thinks."

I thought about that already. But Savannah's probably right. Once I ended the call with her I texted Em again.

"Emory? Are you still awake? Please talk to me.  I'm sorry I've been hanging out with Mackenzie when I'd much rather be with you. Don't be mad at me." She read but didn't respond.

She shouldn't even have a reason to be mad at me anymore! I looked out the window as my eyes began to close and the streetlights began to fade.

"HEY MAIZY!"

I jumped up from my sleep. I saw Mackenzie standing over me.

"What the hell?"

"Did you and Emory break up?"

"Um what?"

"Thank the lords I've been waiting to tell you something."

"Mackenzie what are you talking about, we didn't break up?"

"Oh." She looked down for a moment. "But I heard my foster sister talking on the phone with you last night! I was kind of hurt you didn't call me first but...oh well. I didn't know you two knew each other. But then again I haven't been here long and don't know Savannah really well." She said really fast.

She was adopted? By Savannah's family? Were the questions I wanted to ask.

"What do you mean something you've been waiting to tell me?" She jumped on my lap. She smiled and began to move her face closer to mine, like she was going to kiss me.

"What the hell Mack!" I yelled and pushed her off of me. I looked out my window to see Emory watching us.

A.N: did you like Maizy's pov? Also I forgot to mention earlier but, thanks for 5k:) I just started my freshman year of high school this week whoo (not) wish me luck