Volleyball shorts

I picked Maizy up on our way to school at 7:50. My mom turned on the radio and we all sang along for the 5 minutes we were in the car. I was turning 16 in a few months so my mom still had to drive us.

We walked into school to find our friend Jane talking to her boyfriend Drew.

"McDonald's bathroom!" Jane said laughing.

"An unused and large trash can" Drew responded.

"Hey guys!" Jane looked at Maizy and I. "Name a random place"

"Um Paris?" Maizy and I were confused.

"No like a specific place." Drew said

"On top of the Eiffel Tower?" I asked.

"PERFECT!" Both Drew and Jane said at the same time.

"Okay please don't tell me you guys are talking about random places people probably have sex at." I said but Maizy hit my arm. "What!" She just shook her head

Drew and Jane kept laughing and they nodded their heads. Maizy's jaw dropped.

"SEE MAIZY." She glared at me.

"An elevator in a 20 story building and you have to finish by the time you get to the last story!" Maizy joined in.

"The back of a truck while it's on the freeway!"

"A spiral staircase."

"Janitors closet."

"The roof!"

"A pool?"

"The ocean!"

"A dressing room."

"An escalator!"

"A giant bean bag chair."

"What is this conversation?" And we all started laughing and continued naming random places.

"I have volleyball practice today." Maizy said after I met her after our last period.

"Can I come?" I asked.

"It's kind of boring but yes come."  We walked to the gym on the other side of campus. I took a seat on the highest row on the bleachers. I actually haven't seen her play before so I'm excited.

I see her team all come to the middle wearing a t shirt and volleyball shorts. I found Maizy and wow she looked really good in those shorts. I couldn't stop staring all practice. I saw her make a great serve and spike the ball quite a few times. She's not bad at all. And neither are those shorts.

"Emory?" Maizy awoke me from my thoughts.

"Hm yes?" 

"Are you okay?" She said with a smile.

"I will be if you always wear those shorts."

"Um what?" She looked at me confused and laughed. We walked to subway from my school since it was right down the street. We got our food and sat across from each other at an empty table.

"So, how are you today?" I asked.

"I'm fine. Mostly because," she took a bite of her sandwich," this is really good." She stuffed more into her face and pointed at me with a raised eyebrow, as to say "you?"

"I'm fine too, mostly because," I pointed at her,"your shorts." She laughed so hard she started choking on her sandwich. Although there wasn't many people there, they all looked at us.

"Are you okay ma'am?" An employee asked her worried.

She couldn't respond because now she was coughing but still chuckling. So she gave her a thumbs up. The employee walked away awkwardly.

"This time," she coughed again,"you will be the death of me."

I casually took a giant bite of my sandwich and winked at her. Well I tried to wink anyway, I ended up just awkwardly blinking repeatedly. She literally snorted.