Jealous¿?

A new guy moved into our neighborhood. My mom said his name Dustin and now we have to carpool to school with him too. Lovely. Maizy got in the car and we drove a few houses down to Dustin's. He was tall and had dirty blonde hair with light brown eyes. He looked very athletic. Cute surfer type, but not my type. Just watch all of the girls at school obsess over him.

He got in to the front seat so Maizy and I could be in the back.

"So Dustin, where'd you move from?" My mom broke the awkward silence.

"California." He answered politely. Figured.

"Oh that's nice, well this is my daughter Emory," she pointed to me, "and our next door neighbor Maizy."

"Hi." He turned around and smiled at us. Okay fine maybe he's not THAT bad. We smiled back and responded with a "hi" as well.

"Alright we can show you around the school, what's your first class?" Maizy asked while walking on campus.

"Chemistry." He said pointing to his schedule.

"Oh hey mine too!" Maizy had said happily. "Well Emory since your class is on the other side of the campus you should start heading there. I'll show Dustin around." I didn't get to object because they had already walked away.

Wow okay just leave me then. We always walk around before first period and I'm always late. Kind of on purpose because my class is boring but that's just one more reason I could've gone with them. Ugh.

I got a text in math class.

Maizy: You seem upset

Me: I'm fine why?

Maizy: you have a sad look, well at least sadder;)

Me: -.- idk I'm fine it was stupid

Maizy: want me to send you memes to cheer you up ;)))))

Me: pleaSE DONT

Maizy: I could use that spongebob meme right now where it's like mocking what you said

Me: I actually hate you

Maizy: you love me

Me: are we doing this again ??

Maizy: definitely

Me: if I get in trouble for texting you, again, I will hate you even more

Maizy: do you expect me to stand up and say, "oh Ms.Norbury I was texting too!"

Me: ...yes

Maizy: id rather say,"she wouldn't stop spam texting me!!!"

Me: fiGHT ME

Maizy: MS NORBURY IS COMING

I looked up and Ms. Norbury was literally on the other side of the room.

Me: i despise you

Maizy: ehehheehehe

Me: so what's your opinion on Dustin?

Maizy: he's actually nice

Me: oh

"PAY ATTENTION!" Ms. Norbury shouted at us in class.

A few weeks went by and every time Maizy and I hung out, Dustin was there too. Actually he's super cool. He likes the same shows as us and he likes to burn the math homework too. Today Maizy's dad was taking her to a doctors appointment and my mom has some party so Dustin and I have to walk home.

"Thanks for showing me around school and being my friend." Dustin thanked me as we began to walk home.

"It's no problem it's fun to hang out with you." I smiled.

"I have a question."

"What?"

"Do you like Maizy?" He asked me.

"Um of course, she's my closest friend." I said confused.

"No no, like, like like her?"

"What?"

"Oh my you don't even realize it!"

"Realize what??" I was so confused.

"You have a giant crush on Maizy."

"What? No I don't!" I said shocked. "If anything I thought you guys liked each other." I bit my lip.

"HA I wouldn't like Maizy."

"Why?"

"I'm gay."

"Wait seriously?" I was shocked to the max.

"Yeah." he started laughing,"but I see the way you guys look at each other! And the look on your face whenever she talks to me or whenever I sit next to her."

"That's just because she's my friend and I didn't want her being closer with someone else." I said justifying myself.

"Trust me, you definitely like like her."

I do not. I couldn't. She's my friend. I don't think of her that way. Do I? No. Nope. I don't know what he's talking about.

"No." I said again.

"Call me when you realize it."

"Dustin!!"

He just smirked at me.