Birthday

Today, May 26th, is my 16th birthday. I had already passed all of the tests and crap for driving so now I can finallllllyyyyy get my license. I didn't really care about much else. I opened my door and a ton of balloons fell on my head. My doorway was saran wrapped.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" My parents and Maizy both said.

"Maizy came over at midnight so she could put the balloons and everything there." My mom told me. I smiled. Even though it was extra, it was really sweet.

"It's an...interesting thing to wake up to. Thanks Maiz." NICKNAME DROP. I tore down the Saran wrap so I could give Maizy a hug.

"Here honey." My mom said while she handed me car keys.

"YOU GOT ME A CAR???"

"No I just got an extra set of keys to my car. Psh buy you a car? Hell no." Eh I'll take it.

"Want my present now? It's not much but-" Maizy asked but I interrupted.

"I'm sure whatever it is, i'll love it." I walked downstairs and there was, no joke, a teddy bear the same size as me.

"HOLY SHIT. oh wait, SORRY MOM." I yelled. I ran over to it and hugged it. I absolutely love giant stuffed animals.

"I have another surprise too." Maizy said.

"Oh really what is-" I began to say as I turned around but she put her lips on mine. We continued to move our lips over each other's. I took a couple steps back as I lost balance and wrapped my arms around her to bring her with me. I took another step back, falling over the giant teddy bear with Maizy landing on top of me. We started dying laughing. Before we got up Maizy kissed me again. She smiled against my lips.

"Your mom and I are taking you out for dinner. You're dad can't get out of work though, I'm sorry." Maizy said.

"It's okay." I sighed. My dad did miss a lot of things because of work but I know he loves me. "Where are we going?"

"McDonald's." She said with a straight face.

"You're kidding right?" 

"Yes Em, I'm kidding." She laughed at me.  "Were going to La Petite Cafe." She said the restaurant name with more elegance then the rest of her words.

"I've never been there before."

"Hence the reason we're taking you." I smiled.

"I had to beg my mom to let me go out. She gave in eventually." Maizy told my mom and I while we waited. The restaurant was a fancy little place. The lights were dim and the tables were covered with white cloth. The waiters all wore black with a red apron.

"When will you be un-grounded?" I asked.

"When school ends. Since Savannah is graduating my mom doesn't really want to have to find a new 'baby sitter.'"

"Well that's not that bad. You only have until June 2nd."

"I know. Thank the lords." 

"Hey Emory, if I get some wine can I trust you to drive us home safely?" My mom asked.

"YES." I was so happy. We got my license before we came here. I have waited so long. Things were finally going really good. I'm 16. I have good friends. I have a girlfriend. I can drive. Schools almost over and I have pretty decent grades. Most importantly, I just genuinely feel happy.

Tonight I drove home with Maizy in the passenger seat and my mom in the back. I rolled the windows down and blasted my music. It was my birthday, my mom let me do it this time. I would've drove really fast too but I just got my license and I'm not going to lose it or get a ticket.

As we came to a red light I noticed Maizy staring at me.

"What?" I asked her.

"Your glowing and I don't want to take my eyes off you."

AN: hi guys:) I hope you're enjoying the story so far. I like hearing your thoughts. Also what would be the best ship name for Emory and Maizy?Emizy? Mairy? I have no idea. Why did I pick these names lmao. Remember to vote!