I dare you to kiss me

"Truth or dare?" Maizy asked me.

"Dare."

"Run into the community center screaming."

"MS.HUNCHED WILL MURDER ME."

"I'm the death of you remember?" She smiled at me. I just shook my head at her. I started running and screaming into the community center and she quietly followed me.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF NORMA ARE YOU DOING??!" Ms. Hunched came marching out her office.

"Sorry I got scared when I saw a strange person in your office. Oh wait. I'm so sorry that was you." I told her trying to hold in my laugh.

"LEAVE, THE COMMUNITY CENTER IS CLOSED!"

"It's actually open for another hour."

"No. Leave. Because I AM LEAVING TOO."  She marched outside the community center and got in her car and slammed the gas pedal.

"Great I'm going to be banned from here. Truth or dare?" I laughed with Maizy.

"Truth." She answered.

"Have you ever thought about kissing someone in this neighborhood?"

"Yes."

"Who?"

"It's my turn. Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Have you?"

"Yes." Obviously. Her. A lot. And I was going to. Tonight.

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare." GIRL I WAS GOING TO ASK YOU WHO. ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

"Steal Ms. Hunched's stuffed unicorn that's on her desk."

"I'm sorry but hOW?"

"Don't question the dare."  She rolled her eyes and ran to her office. She pulled a bobby pin out of her hair and began to try and pick the lock.

"IT WONT OPEN." She started pulling on the handle and hitting the door and the room lit up with a flashing red light.

"Shit." We both said and started running.

"YOU DIDN'T EVEN DO IT!"

Her laughter filled my ears with enjoyment as we ran away from the blaring alarm to the abandoned tree house.

"Well I'm soRRY that I'd rather run when we tripped the alarms and not get arrested, than steal Ms. Hunched's  prized possession for a dARE!" Maizy argued in between breaths.

"JUST SHUT UP AND CLIMB" I yelled laughing. We reached the ladder to our hiding spot in the forest behind our houses. I watched Maizy climb up inside the tree house and offer me a hand. The wind carried her golden-like hair to where it shined in the moonlight. Her perfect teeth were showing with her big smile and it seemed like her hazel eyes never shined brighter than they are at this very moment.

"Emory! Are you coming any time soon or did your fear of climbing come back?" I rolled my eyes at her and began to climb. As I reached the top I grabbed her hand and she pulled me inside. "Alright your turn, truth or dare?"

"Dare" like usual my heart beat increased, scared that during this game my feelings would somehow be revealed but not returned.

"Hmm. I dare you to...take off your bra and keep it off until the end of the game, and that includes if we have to run again or be in public." she smirked.

"Oh no how will I survive?" I said sarcastically and winked at her. I reached under my shirt to unhook the clasp as a great idea surfaced. "I can't reach it, will you unhook it for me?" I tried to hide my shaking behind my convincing smirk.

She glared at me but I saw a slight blush come across her cheek. I faced my back to her and her soft hands lifted my shirt. Chills ran through my entire body as I felt her fingers along my skin. My black lace-ish bra snapped apart seeming to send an explosion of goosebumps from my chest to my feet. I grabbed the straps and slid it off underneath my shirt and threw it on the ground.

"There, happy?" Maizy questioned.

"Nope. That dare was too easy, I'll actually do a hard one. Truth or dare?" I smiled.

"Dare...?" She looked unsure. But the look in her eyes were full of desire. We looked into each other's eyes for what felt like forever. The memories from when our story began flooded in my mind. All of the signs she liked me back. All of the things she told me. All of the cuddles. This is the moment. Finally, the right moment.

"I dare you to kiss me." She just stared at me for a good 30 seconds. She was shocked.

"I have to go." She climbed down the tree house and I tried to go after her. She started running.

"Maizy?" She turned around and just stared at me as if I wasn't there. Then she took off again and disappeared into the trees.