"Date"

I was picking Maizy up so we could go see a movie. Well I mean my mom was but stILL. Both of us have been wanting to see the premiere of a movie at midnight so we're finally going. My mom's cool.

Maizy got in the car wearing a tight black shirt, a blue jacket. and hole-y jeans. Sure they weren't the same as the volleyball shorts but when I say hole-y, not only do they have holes, but the jeans looked hOLY. Like holy crap. Holy please don't wear anything else ever, except the volleyball shorts.

As I realized what the hell I was thinking I laughed out loud.

"What?" She smiled.

"Oh nothing. You look really nice by the way."

"You too." She blushed. I was surprised. I didn't think I looked nice. I had on a big sweater and shorts. I smiled back at her.

She looked out the window watching the streetlights pass. I stared at her mesmerizing golden hair that flowed down perfectly to her lower back. I watched her reflection on the window. Her hazel eyes glowed. I don't know why tonight was different, but she looked even prettier than usual.

"Alright girls have fun on your date." My mom said when she came to a stop. Maizy and I both looked at each other confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked. My mom took a second to respond.

"Is that not what people say? You know like lunch date, movie date, mall date?"

"Ohh. Well bye."

"Thanks for driving us Mrs. Ross!" Maizy said as she got out of the car.

"So," I smirked at her," want to go get food for our 'movie date'" I said sarcastically while I put my finger in the air for quotation marks.

"Oh yes totally 'babe.'" She giggled and winked with sarcasm. I loved hearing her laugh. It was so cute.

We got popcorn and took a seat in the back row  of the movie theater. I was surprised there wasn't that many people here. Once the ads finished and movie actually started I put my hand on the arm rest in between us and laid my head on her shoulder. Goosebumps shot through me when I felt her hand on top of mine and she held it. She laid her head on mine. It felt warm and comforting. I did not want to move. I could stay like this forever. I felt my heart beat louder and faster than it usually does.

When the lights came back on and the movie was over my heart dropped, it felt like being awoken from a good dream. Oh well, the nights not over yet.

"Dang I should've gotten you a rose for our date!" I joked as we were walking out.

"I know what kind of girlfriend are you?! Can't even get me a rose, gosh!" She fake slapped me. 

The world seemed to be in slow motion for a moment as she giggled and smiled. Her soul was so kind and sweet. Her laugh lights up every inch of this room.

I walked Maizy to her door when I dropped her off around 2:27am.

"Thanks for taking me." Maizy smiled at me.

"Thanks for coming." I responded to her smile. She gave me a hug and walked inside. I walked into my house and into my room with a big smile on my face. Best night all month.

I saw Maizy in her room from our windows.  She was wearing cute panda pajama bottoms and a black undershirt. She smiled at me and went to her bed and opened a book.

I fell asleep with the same smile I've had all night.