New girl

My mom forced me to go to school today. It was definitely a fight to get out of bed this morning. But she's right, I can't miss more school. Maizy got some other ride today I guess and Dustin and I didn't really talk the whole ride.

The moment I got out of the car, I ditched Dustin and went to sit under a tree so I wouldn't have to look at Maizy.

All I thought about during 1st period history was whether or not I should skip 2nd period math. It took all of my dignity not to skip.

The moment I sat down in math, Ms. Norbury called me to her desk.

"Yes?" I asked her.

"You have been called to the office."  Um. Okay? Am I in trouble? I grabbed my bag and walked out the door, bumping into Maizy. We looked at each other for a moment and then proceeded walking separate ways. 

"Hello Ms. Ross, come sit." My guidance counselor told me when I walked in her office. There was a girl in the seat next to mine. Strange, I've never seen her before. She had golden hair like Maizy.

"This is Mackenzie." My guidance counselor, Ms. Rebekka, said.

"Hi." Mackenzie said shyly to me.

"She's new here and you guys have the same schedule. I was hoping you'd show her to her classes and around the school."  Ms. Rebekka said excitedly.

"Oh um okay."  I said.

"Great! Alright goodbye girls." We both got up and Mackenzie grabbed my arm.

"So um I'll take you to your class, which would be mine too. And at lunch I'll show you around school."

"Okay thanks." She smiled at me. "I didn't catch your name?"

"Emory."

"That's a pretty name."

"Thanks." I smiled back at her. I opened the door to class and told Ms. Norbury about Mackenzie. She said she could have the empty seat next to me. As we sat down I instantly felt Maizy's eyes on me. I turned and saw her glaring at me. Once our eyes met we turned back to the front of class.

Excuse me, but why are you glaring at me?

Every time I saw Maizy today while showing Mackenzie around, she just looked mad and upset. Is she mad because of the dare? Or is it because I'm hanging out with someone else? It's not like I'm going to be around her right now. She doesn't have a right to be jealous.

When I got home I put on a big t-shirt and comfy shorts. I made ice cream and wrapped myself in my blanket. I started a new tv series this weekend and put that on and laid down.

My doorbell rang throughout the whole house and I ran downstairs to open the door. Maizy was standing outside.

"Emory, I need to talk to you."