The abandoned tree house

"Aw crap Ms. Hunched is in her office." Maizy said disappointed.

Of course, Ms. Hunched ran the community center but it was more like she just yelled at everyone for breaking rules that don't exist. "Can't have friends here" she said. "You can't wear shoes." she said. "If you wear your hair up in a ponytail I'm allowed to chop it off." She said. "You pick a flower, I pick your house to set on fire" this one was especially odd because the only flowers we had were in our own backyards. Which I had picked and she confronted me about it the next time she saw me. Bat shit crazy that one.

"Oh no, I guess we can't be gutted by a serial killer who hangs out in those woods." I lifted my arms up and smiled.

She glared at me,"Emory if you don't come with me now I will knock you unconscious one day and drag you with me"

"Okay just because you have 4 inches of height on me doesn't mean you could do that!"

"Try me" Maizy smirked as she reached to grab me by the feet. I found myself flipped upside down all of a sudden.

"LET ME DOWN YOU GIANT!"

"NOT UNLESS YOU AGREE TO COME."

"MAIZY I SWEAR IF YOU DROP ME."

"I MIGHT IF YOU DON'T AGREE." Even though I couldn't see her face from my view of the floor, I'm sure she was smiling.

"Stop screaming or I will arrest you for public nudity!" Ms. Hunched came running out of her office yelling and pointing at us. Maizy dropped me.

"But we're not naked?" Maizy stared at her confused.

"You may think that, but my vision sees differently. Now leave!" She said as she walked back into her office.

"What. The. Hell." I said as I got up from the floor.

"Now is our chance, her back is turned!" Maizy grabbed my hand and started running.

"Alright truth or dare?" Maizy said while leading me through a small path in the forest.

"Truth because I am nOT screaming 'hey murderers come out come out wherever you are!'"

"Hmm" I'm not sure why but my heart started beating faster. I know what she's going to ask me."Have you ever ...um" shIT she knows. "Hm. Have you ever liked... a girl?"Dammit. Okay well she's my friend. So what?

"Yes. I'm pretty sure I have." My heart sped up again.

"Really?" She smiled.

"Truth or dare?" I asked her now.

"Truth."

"Have you ever liked a girl?"

"I did." She looked sappy. IM NOT ALONE.

"What happened?"

"That's for another truth" She smirked.
"Truth or dare?" She asked again.

"MAIZY IS THAT A MURDER LAIR?" I yelled probably a little too loud as I saw a small wooden house going through two trees.

"IT'S A TREE HOUSE HELL YES!"

"Maizy are you insane? That's a muRDER tree house! Some creepy killer probably lures it's victims into that slaughter house."

"Only one way to find out" Maizy grabbed my hand before I could react and started running towards the house in the trees.

"Once again, you will literally be the death of me." Here we go, Maizy dragging me to my doom by the hand. Why am I friends with this girl? If there is someone in there she can run faster than me with her long legs! I'm a goner.

"Want to climb up first?" Maizy asking with her famous smile.

My glare was answer enough for her question.

"Fine but if the killer is coming to the tree house and it sees you, you get hit first."

"At least I'd have choices of where to run, I could probably reach somewhere on the fence in time. Where as if I was already inside the tree house the only way out is back down here which would take much more time. Also what are you going to do if they are already coming up the ladder? Hide in that small of a space and hope for the best? Then you're screwed"

"Emory when the hell did you have time to think all that through?"

"I have bad paranoia when it comes to things like this"

"That makes sense" she shook her head and climbed up the ladder slowly. I could see her look through the tree house curiously. She grabbed on to a piece of cloth made to be a handle on the side of the entrance and walked inside. She looked back down at me and gave me a thumbs up.

"If I die, I'm going to kill you." I looked behind me, reassuring there was no figure in the shadows watching us. After I checked 7 times and saw Maizy was fine, I reluctantly climbed up the ladder.

Inside actually just looked like a normal tree house. It was all wooden, there was a small square hole for a window, there was a red couch, a desk, and a small shelf of books. All of the things inside were pretty dusty. Maizy jumped on the couch and sat down.

"Maizy what are you doing there could be like a dead body under those pillows! Or a hundred spiders!" I whispered yelled at her.

"Calm your self, it's fine," I frowned at her, "Breathe in, breathe out, and come sit down."

I did as she said, after lifting up the cushions and checking for signs of death. I leaned my head on her shoulder and watched as blue sky changed to pink and orange. I closed my eyes as I finally relaxed in this mysterious place.

"We are the pirates that don't do anything, we just stay home and lay around" Maizy started singing and laughing.

"What is it with you and that song from VeggieTales?" I laughed along with her. She seemed to sing that often

"Before my older sister died she used to blast that song and roll all the car windows down. And we'd sing along to it. It always made me feel better after a bad day." Maizy sighed. I didn't know what to say to her. I didn't even realize her sister was gone.

"Once I get my drivers license we should find our own childhood song to do that with. Your sister will be watching you from heaven and say 'Yes baby sister, it's okay, live your life. These are the moments that count.'" She giggled a little bit and put her arms around me and laid her head on mine.