Frozen yogurt

I promised Mackenzie that I would hang out with her today. I felt bad that she hadn't made any friends yet and it sucks because school is almost over and she might spend summer mostly alone. We decided we were going to hang out at her house. Maizy wasn't very happy that I was spending the day with Mackenzie but she understood.

"Hi." Mackenzie said as she let me inside of the small light blue house.

"Hey, what do you want to do?"

"Um I don't know. We can watch a movie and make popcorn?" Even though Mackenzie is nice and all, I would rather be with Maizy.

"Sure." It felt kind of awkward. We made popcorn, got some sparkling water, and sat down on her couch.

"I have a question." She told me.

"Ask away."

"Are you and Maizy dating?"

"Um yes we are." I smiled.

"You guys are cute together." She smiled.

"Thanks."

"Would you rather be with her right now than me?"

"What? Why do you ask?" Has it been that obvious?

"You don't have to hang out with me just because you feel bad." She looked sad again.

"Im not, how about we go get some frozen yogurt?"

"Only if you invite Maizy." She smiled again.

"But Mackenzie-" I was interrupted.

"Maizy seems like a cool person to be around. We can all hang out."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"What about the popcorn we just made?" I giggled.

"Eh, my brother will eat it."

Mackenzie hopped in the passenger seat of my mom's reddish car. I texted Maizy to tell her we were picking her up. We put on a station with songs from a few years ago. It still felt so nice to be able to drive.

"I wish I at least had my permit." Maizy announced herself as she got in the back seat.

"Honestly your parents wasted your money on getting Savannah to make sure you stay home while they're gone." We all laughed at this.

"Maybe we should bring her some frozen yogurt back to thank her."

At the frozen yogurt place we found an empty green couch to sit on and talk. Maizy and Mackenzie kept making fun of me for getting an entire bowl of cookie dough without getting any frozen yogurt.

"The cookie dough was calling to me!" I said to them as they just shook their heads at me, laughing. Cool air filled the tiny place every time the door opened. Maizy would put my arms around her to keep her warm each time. It was cute.

It wasn't bad to hang out with Mackenzie. She was really nice and had some funny stories to listen to. I'm glad we all hung out.

"See you tomorrow!" I called to Mackenzie when she got out of the car. She waved and smiled at me.

"Can I get in the front now?" Maizy asked me.

"Of course. But first I'm taking us to an empty parking lot."

"Why...?"

"You fail at driving. I'm going to teach you how to drive."

"In an empty parking lot?"

"I'm not going to deal with you running over someone with my mom's car!"

"Wow that's some low expectations you set for me." She laughed.

"Also one other thing. Remember how I said that once I got my drivers license I would drive you around with all the windows down and sing songs with you, like your sister used to do?" She smiled brightly.

"Thank you Em." She said as I rolled the windows down, gave her my phone to pick a song, and drove off.

It was starting to get late so it was slightly easier to find an empty parking lot.

"Alright lets switch." I smirked at her and let her in the drivers seat.

"Okay well first, obviously put your hands on the wheel."

"No Emory, I was going to drive without my hands on the wheel." She said sarcastically.

"Now, put your foot on the break pedal. Now shift the car into drive."

"How do I shift it into drive?"

"Oh Maizy."

"AH OHMYGOD." She screamed as the car slowly went forward.

"Maizy calm yourself! Aren't you supposed to be the adventurous one?" I laughed at her.

"Okay fine. But if I accidentally kill us, you can't say I was the death of you because you made me drive." She looked over at me and smiled.

"EYES ON THE ROAD!" I yelled laughing at her.