Mother Miller

Tobias' P.O.V:

Alexa woke up the next morning not feeling much better. She said that she didn't feel any worse, just not better, so I told her to go back to sleep.

"Ashlyn!" I hollered as I walked through the house trying to find her.

"I'm out here," she said from the front porch.

I walked out to meet her sitting with Ali and Alex.

"Good Morning, Mrs. Morgan," I said respectfully.

"I keep telling her not to call me that, but she never seems to remember," Alex says shaking her head.

"Alex, she will never call you that unless she's on the field," Ashlyn said.

I smiled and walked to give Ali a hug. 

"What's up Tobin?" Ashlyn asked.

"I'm going out for awhile. Lex is asleep in my bed and I just need you to check in every once in a while if that's okay with you," I said.

"Yes, I will make sure she is checked on. Where are you going, you typically don't leave without her," Ash said.

I knew she would notice that. Ashlyn grabbed my hand and she walked me away from Alex and Ali.

"You're not very good at hiding things. It's not you to not take Alexa with you. What's on your mind?" Ashlyn questioned.

"I'm going to the jail," I said.

Ashlyn looked at me for a good long minute.

"Only if you go with Wentworth," she said.

"Ash, I'm 17 and I can contr-"

Ashlyn interrupted saying, "And I'm older, so you do as I say."

I put my hands through my platinum blonde hair and said, "Ashlyn, please, I'm 17 and I can control my feelings."

"Harris, I am not letting you go in by yourself. You are going to lose yourself in there and you will start to do stupid things. You go with me, Ali, or Wentworth and you will tell Alexa where you are going because she's going to freak out on me and I won't be able to stop her from driving to you."

I pick up a rock from the ground and throw it over the fence in frustration.

"Tiger, you're losing it, this is why you can't go in alone," Ashlyn said.

"Fine. Fine. Please come with me. You're right, I'm very angry right now and who knows what's going to happen when I see her," I said breathing heavily.

"Are you sure you want me to come. You can call Wentworth if you want," Ashlyn said.

"No, he's not allowed to come. Both of us in that room is a bad idea," I said.

Ashlyn nodded in agreement and led me into the house.

"Go tell her and I won't be surprised if she's up for a trip."

I walked into my bedroom and Alexa was fast asleep. I jumped into bed with her and she turned right onto my chest.

"Tobias?"

"I'm right here. Hey, I need to tell you something," I said with worry.

"What's the matter, Keeper?" she said as she kissed me.

"I'm going to the jail and I'm here to convince you not to come with me because I know you."  

"There is no way you are going to convince me not to go with you," she said.