Engament Of

Tobin's P.O.V
(2 years Pass)

"Toby, come here," I hear Ashlyn yell from her bedroom.
I get up from the couch on the deck and walk into Ashlyn's room.
"You needed me," I asked intently.
"Yes, I bought something for Kriges, and I wanted your opinion," she said nervously.
She pulled out a small box from the Kay Jewelers bag and gave it to me. I opened it and it was a beautiful shining silver with an even greater purple stone in the middle of it.
"Ashlyn, she'll love it. Could I steal it and give it to Lex," I asked jealously.
"You're far too young and I spent a fortune on that thing."
"Fine. When are you going to ask her," I asked.
"That's the part where you come in. Your head's amazing. You think like no one else does. I was hoping you could come up with something really spectacular for the occasion."
I smiled and automatically thoughts started to run through my head.
"Leave it to me."
Ashlyn nodded and said,"I want to do it tonight, but I can-"
"Shhhhh, remember who you're talking too. I figured out where Lex was living in a matter of minutes," I said interrupting her.
"Thanks Toby, it means a lot. Just don't make me look stupid," she said laughing.
I punched her gut annoyed.
"When have I ever let you down," I asked.
"Tobias, never."
"Let's keep it like that," I said.

***

"Ashlyn, can you come walk with me in your attire for tonight," I asked.
"Why?"
"I need to know the exact way you walk and the exact measurements for tonight's event."
"Tobin, come here," Ashlyn said worried.
"Ashlyn, I'm fine," I say annoyed.
Ashlyn pulls me into a hug and holds me there. "You have something called low latent inhibition. I don't want this to get to your head."
"Ash, I've known this all the seventeen years I've lived. I just want this to be perfect because the people bonding and finally coming together are the most important people in my entire life."
"Tobias Miller, what would I do without you," she asked.
"I don't know."

"Let's see what your going to wear," I said.
Ashlyn walked out of the bathroom and was wearing the sharpest suit I've ever seen.
"Perfect, now I need to figure out what I'm going to wear," I said.
"What you're going to wear," she said confused.
I put my finger to my lips and gave her a 'it's a secret' look. I ran to my bedroom and looked in my closet and found a spectacular black blazer. I put a white buttoned shirt and a skinny black tie on. I then threw the fitted black blazer over everything and it looked stellar. I put on some black dress pants on and gelled my hair back.
"You look scary," Ashlyn said.
"Good. I need that."
Okay, I'll walk you through the plan with you in steps. We walked to the beach and onto the sand.

Ashlyn's P.O.V:
I walked with Tobin and she seemed so calm. I was a nervous wreck, but she took a lot of worry off my back.
"So, you'll call her when you first step on the sand. This will give you just enough time to do everything before she pulls up to the beach. During the call, tell her to meet you under the beach pier. You will be on the pier waiting for the moment when she reads the swan that says look up. You then will tell her how beautiful she is and all that crap. After that schpiel, you will then go down to meet her with a picnic dinner that I already prepared. You'll set up the picnic dinner in the middle of the heart I spray painted and mapped out. This will give you a perfect sunset view. You'll talk to her for ten minutes just normally while I make my way to the dock with the boat. Once you get done talking, start walking toward the dock just over there," she pointed.
I must look so overwhelmed. I am. This is so perfect though. She'll love it.
"You'll get on the red motor boat that reads 'Liebe'. I will be on it so it will be easy to find. I will ride around in the sunset for a while and will turn around a come back. I will get off first and let Kriges out and then you. I will let you start to walk back to the pier and when you get there you'll be in for a nice surprise. There'll be crisp lights and music. This is where you come in. I won't tell you how to propose because I don't know how and this is your night," she finished.
"Tiger, this is so perfect. I wouldn't have done nearly as good as you would have," I said.
"Don't mention it, Ash," Tobin said back.

***

Tobin's P.O.V:
"You ready," I asked Ashlyn.
"Not really, but I don't really have a choice do I?"
"You always have a choice, Ash. It's just the choice you chose to act on."
She smiled at that one.
"Tobin, what if she doesn't say yes?"
"Dude. Come to your senses. You guys literally can't stand together for a minute without having to kiss each other. She'll say yes stupid," I said.
That seemed to take some nerves off of Ashlyn.
"Alright, I'll walk you to the pier and then I will see you on the boat. I also have to lay that swan on the sand for her to see," I said thinking over everything carefully.
"Okay, I'll keep my phone on if anything happens," she said.
"Sounds good. If I call my name is 'Jill Ellis'," I snickerd.
She laughed and we started to walk to the beach.