Finding Ground

Tobin's P.O.V:

Ali decided to ride in the back seat with me just incase something went wrong, but I ended up being fine. I actually fell asleep on Ali's lap on the way to wherever we were going. 

"Tobs? Come on buddy we're here.", Ashlyn said.

I opened my eyes, and saw Ashlyn waiting for me. Ali helped me sit up, and I slowly scooted towards the car door. Being injured was so annoying. You can't even do anything without people. Ashlyn grabbed me, and picked me up bridal style, and walked me to a field. Not just any field. a SOCCER FIELD.

"Ashlyn, can you put me down please?"

"Not until we're with the team.", She answered back.

"The team. YOUR TEAM?"

"Don't get to excited Tobs", I hear Ali say with a smile on her face.

I see all the soccer players in red and blue practice uniforms. The players all turned in our direction looking excited.

"You didn't tell them that you were coming with me did you?", I say with a groan.

"As a matter of fact, yes I did.", Ashlyn said.

 I felt kind of embarrased that I had to be picked up to actually get somewhere. We walked unntil we were surrounded by all the women. Ashlyn put me down, and everyone circled around me. They all looked expectantly at me. I finally puffed up some bravery and started a conversation.

"Sorry for the absence of a shirt."

They all laughed at that. This is a pretty big group of women that I can make laugh...easily. This might be fun.

"What's your name girly?", someone asked.

"That's Crystal, Tobin.", Ashlyn said with a big smile on her face.

"I'm Tobin. Tobin Torrie Tyler Harris III.", I said shly.

My face turned a bright red. Ashlyn stepped out of the circle and put her hands on my shoulders, and whispered, "Don't be asamed of your name buddy." I nodded my head, and she backed up into the line of soccer stars. I can already recognize a lot of the women. A player came out to greet me, and I knew who she was. The great captain, Christie Rampone. She started to speak to the players.

"Okay ladies, this is a little overwhelming for her, so were going to do this in an orderly fasion. Let's line up in a straight line, and when she's infront of you, say your fist and last name. Also say your position."

"I already know most of you." I say with pride. "Can I say there first and last names as well as their positions?

"Sure. BRING IT ON", Christie says as she places herself in the line that all the girls made.

I started at the end and worked up to the front. "Meghan Klingenberg, Defender, 7." I shook hands with her, and moved on to the second player.

"Ali Krieger, Defender, 11." I laughed and gave her a hug.

"Becky Sauerbrunn, Defender, 4", I shook hands with her.

I slowly walk to the next player, and Ali steps out of line and gives me a hand.

"Thanks Ali."

"No problem Tiger." 

"CARLI LLOYD, Midfielder, 10."

Carli gives me a gentle hug, and I stare into her eyes. "I want to be you after my bandages come off." 

She smiles, and says, "You'll definatly get there buddy."