The Past Is The Past

Tobin's P.O.V:

"Tobias," my brother said as I hit the ground.

There was a searing pain on the back of my back. Damn, I got shot. I winced and slowly flipped myself on my stomach.

"Just finish the goddamn job," I said in agony.

I saw Dominic, Wentworth's partner shoot down more street bangs. S.W.A.T showed up and let's just say, they took care of the rest of them. 

Wentworth and Dominic ran over to my side and started stripping off their shirts for my wound.

Dominic, being a doctor before joining the police force started working on the bullet wound. My surroundings started to get blurry. I couldn't make out where I was. I was dying.

"We're losing her, Wentworth," Dominic said.

"Come on, Tobias, stay with me. Stay with me," Wentworth said patting my face.

"I'm sorry Wentworth, I-"

"It's not your fault," my brother said turning me on my back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in Wentworth's arms. 

"What the hell are you doing here," I question him.

"Well, I'm glad to see you to sister," he sad sarcastically. 

I rolled my eyes at him but gave him a comforting hug anyway.

"I called Ashlyn when you went to sleep and I told her some things that happened to you when you were a little kid. I asked her if there was anything that was still going on," he said.

"I don't need help. I just want to live my life like it is. Thank you, though," I said boldly.

"I didn't say that. I was just wondering."

"What did she say," I asked.

"She told me that you had a brain like no one else. She said that you seek nothing else but another person's needs and that you still have nightmares," he said.

I leaned my head on his chest. 

"So? It's always been that way hasn't it?"

That was a lie.

"No, I don't think it has."

I stood up in frustration.

Wentworth's P.O.V:

l saw this conversation coming the day I visited her. I knew she would be angry about it. Tobias was taught how to be gentlemen, not women. She was strong because she had to be. That part was my fault.

I saw Tobias get up and she looked angry. 

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME WENTWORTH? GOD HELP YOU BECAUSE YOU LEFT ME AND YOU EXPECT ME TO BE THE SAME? YOU EXPECT ME TO BE THE FOUR YEAR OLD GIRL WHO WAS BEING TAKEN CARE OFF BY A DAD WHO WAS KILLED AND A MOM THAT WAS ALWAYS INTOXICATED? I WAS THE ONLY INNOCENT ONE. THEN YOU LEFT. YOU LEFT ME. I GREW UP, WENTWORTH! I-"

"TOBIN! STOP," I heard Ashlyn yell.

She walked out of the room. I stayed where I was. All of those things were true. I hated that part of it. Everything was true and I knew it. I remember the day I left to be a Hollywood actor. I took an acting job on the show "Prison Break" to hold the family up.

Tobin's P.O.V:

I saw Ashlyn walk over to me. She didn't look very happy with me.

"I'm taking you back to the hospital," she said.

I turned around to her. 

"I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry," I said. 

I held back the tears. It wasn't going to give in. 

"Give me sixty minutes with my brother. I will go to the hospital then. I promise I'll make it up to him," I told Ashlyn.

Ashlyn nodded and gave me a hug. She walked me back in and closed the door so that we could speak in private.

I looked at my brother's face. He looked very hurt. I knew he struggled with depression and he did not take my yelling very well. 

He was crying. The last time I saw him cry was at my father's grave. 

"Wentworth, I-"

"I will never forgive myself for leaving you, Tobias. I won't," he said shakily. 

"Why did you leave me? You were the only one whom I truly loved in the family, Went. Why did you leave me," I said letting the tears fall?

"I had no choice, Tobias. Dad was dead and Mom wasn't helping either. I had to earn some money. The only way I could do that was get a job in Chicago. I let you grow up on your own because I thought that's what you needed. I knew that I would never be able to be by your side 24/7 so,  you had to learn how to learn on your own. I realized I made the wrong decision. You needed me. I'm sorry," he said.

I was so stupid! He did it for me. 

I walked over to him and threw my hands around his neck. He hugged back. I leaned on his chest and he asked me, "How's that girl?"

"More beautiful than your old ass," I said laughing.

"Hey, at least it's better than the horse's ass that's all cuddly next to me," he chimed in. 

"Oh, whatever."

"Hey Went," I asked?

"Tobias?"

"Ashlyn told me that she's taking me to the hospital."

"I know, I heard. Smart girl. You need some well-deserved medication, meditation, and brotherly love," he said.

"Why do I need to go?"

"Ashlyn realizes that you need something to control how much blood is flowing through your head. It's way too much and it's making you explode with was too many ideas. I've had it done to. We both get it from dad. Army. You were made for it. So was I, but guess where I am now? Acting and I love it."