Soccer Casualties

Tobia's P.O.V:

I touched my head and immediately it was drenched with blood.

"Turn her over," I heard Carli say.

"I'm okay. Just staple my damn head and continue the game," I said.

I felt strong arms turn me over onto my forearms. Blood poured from my head onto the turf.

"Damn, Tobin. I told you to play it safe. That operation is supposed to be going on now and here you are playing in a soccer game where you busted your head open. Damn, there's a lot of blood," Ashlyn said.

"Tobin, you need to stand up," One of the trainers said.

I stood up and blood ran down the side of my head and onto my new white jersey. The trainer put a white stapler on my head and stapled away. I counted each one of them.

After seven staples Ashlyn wrapped my head in sport's tape. Jill called me over and she had a fresh jersey to replace the one soaked with blood. 

I ran over to the bench and took my shirt off. I put the new one on and ran back out onto the field.

Before Ashlyn went back she grabbed my hand and pulled me into her side. 

"Please, Tobias. Don't get yourself killed out there. You're too important to me and you need that operation."

"I know. I won't do that again. Sorry," I said as I kissed her briskly on the cheek.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The game ended and I had a record of four goals in my debut game. The team all cheered with joy as the referee blew the whistle three times. 

Ashlyn, Ali, and I went back to the house. I asked Ashlyn if I could have a moment with her phone. I called Alexa.

"Toby? Oh, my god. Your head," she said.

"I'm fine. We got it all taken care of," I said.

"Tobin. Please don't just push this aside. You're injured and you need to go to the hospital to get it looked at."

"You sound like Ashlyn. She's always worrying about me," I complained.

"She's doing it because she loves you and I do too. I know you called me to tell me not to worry, but baby, you have had such a traumatic past. I know you think that you can deal with it, but you need to start again. That first step is getting that head fixed," she said.

"I love you too. I'll go in, I promised Ashlyn and my brother. Yes, I found my brother."

"Is that why you changed your name," Alexa asked?

"Exactly. Alright, now meet me at the hospital. Ashlyn's waiting for me to finish on the phone with you. I just wanted to tell you that I was okay and I love you. I'll see you soon."

"Okay, I'll be there. I love you too. Please be careful," she said.

"I'll try."

I got off the phone and Ashlyn and Ali were sitting on the table waiting.

"Thanks," I said as I tossed Ashlyn's phone across the room.

"Alright, you ready," Ashlyn asked?

I took a deep breath.

"Yeah."