Dinner Time

Tobias' P.O.V:

Ashlyn and I walked down to Ali's room. She was rooming with Crystal Dunn. 

Ali opened the door, "Tobs, you look better"

"Feel fresh and new," I said as Ashlyn took Ali's hand. 

We walked down to the lobby and the team was all ready to go. It seemed like we were the last ones, but there's was no point in complaining because Ashlyn would get mad.

"You ready, Tobin?" Ashlyn asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

We walked out of the hotel and jumped into the bus. Apparently, Jill planned a nice dinner. 

Looking out the window into the cool California moon, I thought about my brother. 

Is he okay? I hope he's not stressing over me.  I hope he's staying safe, those protestors are dangerous. Pulling the trigger was always hard for him, but he did it in a blink of an eye because he had to. I miss you...

My phone rang. It was Wentworth, again.

"Brother."

"Tobias, what's on your mind at the moment," he asked.

"Well, not much. You and that's about it," I replied.

"I just wanted to say that I will keep this promise. I won't break this one, I SWEAR under the AMERCIAN FLAG."

"I know, you don't have to keep saying it," I said laughing.

"Well, I just want to let you know. I love you and I will see you in a few days, okay?"

"Yeah...Yeah...Wentworth?" I asked.

"Tobias, I know what you're going to say. You're going to ask about Mom. I know."

I dropped my head knowing how much he really knew me. 

"I know where she is. I found her," Wentworth said.

"You...You...found her?"

"Yes, I did. She's in jail. I read the police file and she killed three people including a baby boy one night on the highway. You, Tobias, are also on the police report. It says, 'Skylar Harris Miller wanted to say a few last words to her daughter Tobin. She said that she was sorry for hurting her and sorry for making her lose her Dad. She also asked Tobin to get her head fixed.' This is what reads in the police report," Wentworth said. 

I whispered, "What the hell does she think? She's just another person I need to shoot in my dreams. I'm going to-"

"Tobias, I understand. Listen, I know you are off to dinner. Sleep on this and we will talk later. I need you to calm down. Your head is going to explode if you say anything. I love you."

"I love you too, please call me."

"I will," he said and hung up.

"Damn it," I said louder than expected.

"Tobin?" Ashlyn questioned.

"Sorry, I just. Nothing," I said frustratingly. 

"Somethings wrong. This is bad for your head. I'm going to have to take you back if you can't calm down," she said.

I breathed heavily and calmed my system down. 

"My brother found my Mom. She's in jail and she left a note in the police report. It read 'Fix her head'," I said angrily. 

"She wasn't wrong, Tobin," Ashlyn said.

"But she has the nerve to say that. She didn't do anything for me. NOTHING. How would she know about this procedure thing? She was drunk half the time!"

"Your father had it, Tiger. Think. You can't even think, Tobin. You're so angry your range of thought is not working. Look at me and calm down," Ashlyn said as she hit me in the gut.

I looked into her eyes and she wasn't playing with me. I closed my eyes and then reopened them. 

Dawn was behind us and she gave Ashlyn a syringe.

"This is why I hate that inhalant thing. It makes you crazy," Ashlyn said.

"Tobin, look at me. This is going to help, your doctor prescribed it. Trust me."

I nodded and she stabbed it in my neck. 

"What the-"

"SHHHHHH...."

I calmed down. 

We got to the restaurant and I took a seat next to Ashlyn. The restaurant was a big glass windowed interior. We were put in a separate room and seated. The waitress came around asking people for drinks. When she reached Ali, the waitress started to get petty. She was saying 'Hey, Babe, what can I get for your sweet lips tonight?' and bull crap like that. Ali looked really uncomfortable, but the waiter had already left.

"Don't you interfere, Tobin Harris-Krieger Miller I," Ashlyn said to me.

I was going to be in big trouble if I interfered. , but I had to do something. Ali was closer to Mom than my real mom ever was. 

When the waiter came to bring the drinks out, and she went to the other side of Ali first. 

Ali looked at Ashlyn and then at me. She tried to get me attention, but I was on a different mission. Everybody at the table was watching me. They knew I was ready to drop a bomb. 

"Tobias Miller, don't you dare touch that toe out of line, or you'll regret it," Ali whispered.

The waitress made her way around and she eventually got to me. She put my drink down and before she could retreat her hand, I grabbed her arm. I heard a squeal come out of her mouth.

"Come close, waitress." I hissed.

She did as I demanded.

"Touch my sister's girlfriend again, and I will take care of you myself. Trust me, I've been stabbed and shot with real weapons. Now, if you would like to continue your flirting, go ahead. I'll make your body more than its worth," I hissed into her ear.

I let go of her hand in disgust and she got to Ali and left immediately. 

I didn't realize that I was standing. Everybody was whispering to the person next to them. 

Ali got up and kissed me on the cheek saying, "Thank you. You're dead."

"No problem, and I know."

"Tobin Harris - Krieger Miller I, you're in big trouble," Ashlyn said.

I just bowed my head.

"I had to do something. I girl never deserves to get played like that. You saw the waitress. She was hitting on YOUR GIRLFRIEND!!!!"

"Tobin, I'm still new to this relationship thingy and its hard, but please don't get yourself killed," Ashlyn said.

"Trust me, she won't come any closer to her."