A Hidden Ally

Aphmau's POV:

"Zane?" My eyes widened. For someone who nearly got decapitated, he seemed pretty calm.

"So.. This is bigger than the both of us." I glared at the nugget and pulled out my pick from the wall.

"I never said it wasn't." I muttered as I slipped it back into my sleeve.

"You never said there were others in on this either, but clearly there are." I rolled my eyes at him.

"How much did you hear?"

"Enough to know your name is Aphmau and what you look like." Zane nodded his head at my face. "You're mask is down my the way." I tended and my hand ew to my head.

Letting out a heavy sigh, I fixed the problem.

"Now I only wanna know one thing-"

"Only one? That's unlikely." I scoffed and Zane scowled at me. "Alright, alright, shoot."

"There's no reason to hide your face if you've got nothing to hide. Obviously, you do, but why your face?"

I opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off.

"You're hiding from someone, aren't you? You don't want to be recognized. Isn't that right, Aphmau?"

I slammed him against the wall gripped his shoulders.

"Listen here, Pipsqueak. You've helped me out with O'khasis' part and all of this, and I'm grateful for that. But don't think you've got the upper hand here. Arranging your murder would probably be the easiest thing I've done all year. So help me Ro'meave, if you tell anybody I will drag you to your father's doorstep and tell him his own son is a rat, you got that?" When he nodded I let him go.

"Good." I closed my eyes, trying to calm down. "Here." I opened my eyes and took out some photographs from my bag. "It's the decoded letter." After Max had scribbled out the translation, Jin rewrote it so it was actually readable. "I'm keeping the letter in case it's of use later. Fingerprints, DNA, stuff like that."

Zane kept quiet as he observed the photos.

"I need to go before they get suspicious." I murmured. As I turned to leave, Zane stopped me.

"Wait," I glanced over my shoulder to see his arm was extended. "Someone broke into my room last night, they left this. I was going to read it in homeroom because I didn't know who it was for. But, I guess now I do..."

It had my full name written on the front. Taking it quickly, I thanked him. Then, without waiting for him to respond, I left.

Dear Aphmau Odinson,

I won't lie, I'm not entirely sure who you are. I've only overheard your name and know you have a connection to one of the Ro'meaves.

If we didn't share the same enemies, I would have been suspicious of this. But, after some research, it seems that we are on the same side.

Someone knows who you are. Had I gotten a better glimpse at them I would be of more use, but sadly that isn't the case. You are important to the plan against the Shadow Knights and the Imps. How, I'm not sure, but I know that much.

As for that connection, the eldest seems to.. lack the mental capacity needed to comprehend all this. Or, at least to be a professional in this line of work. As for the youngest, he seems more closed off when it comes to things as serious as this.