Kyle saves the day... (For real, this time)

Aphmau's POV:

It's do or die, Aph.

Do or die.

CLANG.

The ladder fell, but I already made my choice.

I sprinted forward, the ceiling crashing down all around me. Surging straight for the wall, I bended my legs and sprung forward, swinging my arm towards the metal.

The pick caught it and I hung only about a foot off the ground.

Total lack of training, don't fail me now.

Raising my other arm, I slammed it into the wall, the pick catching on again.

Okay... Don't think, just climb. Thinking never does anything good for anyone..

Listen to your instincts.

That was one of the first things I learnt. Sometimes if you're so busy thinking of your next move, you forget to actually do something.

I felt something above me and my head snapped up to see a catwalk coming right at me. Without thinking, reflexes kicked in and I pushed off the wall with my legs. I propelled myself forward with the picks so I flipped, moving out of the way just as it would've crashed on me.

Landing on the still falling catwalk after doing a front flip, I pounced for the wall and hooked on again. Now successfully out of the way and higher than before.

"So that's how you do it.." I muttered.

Alright, you did it at the Warriors base with those daggers, you did it just now, you can do it again.

I stabbed it into the wall and pulled myself up, continuing that.

"I'm slipping!" Uni shouted now closer than before. I glanced up to see he was above and to the left of me.

"I'm nearly there!" It was chaos, I had shield my head behind my hanging arms as parts of the ceiling crashed against it. "I need to go faster." I prepared myself for what I was about to do and tightened my grip on the picks.

Tugging on both of them at the same time so I pulled myself at an angle, I kicked against the wall to go up. I was on the air before the picks caught the wall again.

I nearly let go in shock as a scream surprised me.

"UNI!" Before I realized what I was doing, My left hand let go or pick and hung. As he fell past me, arms flailing, I tried to grab onto him. My arm was yanked as he suddenly stopped. I had caught onto his sleeve and he immediately grabbed my hand.

"We're going to die aren't we?" He asked. I pursed my lips, knowing what the answer was. "Why did you come back for me? Now we're both dead." I let out a humorless laugh.

"No Pug left behind, remember?" I smirked. I watched as the pick I was holding before toppled to the ground, the sound of metal on metal ringing in the air despite the noise of the room. I hung onto the last pick with one hand. We wouldn't survive the drop, and we couldn't go anywhere with only one.

"Hey.. Who's that?" Uni stared in front of him and I followed his eyes. Or, where I assumed they were, at least. I saw a shadow that was soon hidden behind a falling piece of rubble, as the rubble came in contact with the ground, the shadow was gone.